Got high after detox

Will methadone and buprenorphine together cause withdrawal? How do I stop precipitated withdrawal? What dose of buprenorphine is best? Do I have to be in withdrawal to start Suboxone?
FrankMatthews
Power Poster
Power Poster

Got high after detox

Post by FrankMatthews » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:03 pm

I went to detox for seven days I was given a subtext taper. I was supposed to go to rehab in Paterson but when I arrived there they turned me down. I bought heroin right after and used three different doses until 11pm (last dose) last night. It is now 5 pm. I have suboxone. When should I dose?

FrankMatthews
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Got high after detox

Post by FrankMatthews » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:04 pm

*dose suboxone* I am getting back on suboxone

docm2
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by docm2 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:15 pm

When and what was your last dose of buprenorphine? What did you experience with the heroin? If not much then you would still have had some buprenorphine still hanging around, it should be ok to dose the Suboxone since you had not fully occupied your receptors with the heroin.
Do you have plans for getting a prescription and program?
If I remember right you have posted here before and are familiar with Suboxone.
detox for seven days I was given a subtext taper
#%@* What a recipe for failure, not blaming you, a blatant failure of the system (malpractice?)

raudy1975
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by raudy1975 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:56 pm

HI Frank,

What a bummer about the rehab thing. it would of been such a smooth transition for you to go from Detox to Rehab. Good thing you do have subs with you,. I would def get back on the subs as soon as possible. Start off small (4mg ) and see how you feel. and go from there. Do you have a month supply? or just a few?

I really would recommend going to a monthly Sub doctor from here on out. it really helps to check in with a doctor /counselor every month to see how your doing and dosing questions etc.

It is just way too tempting to go back on our "drug of choice" when there are so many triggers around us.

Getting back on Subs...Keeping the cravings away and in check is the way to go.

Let us know how your doing?

Bupduped
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Bupduped » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:04 pm

FrankM,

I see you haven't checked in for a few days according to your profile info. Sure hope you didn't OD and left this earth way too soon.

Be a nice addict and let us know you're still alive and trying to kick it. Read most of your posts and IMO you are a prime example of someone flirting with death. We won't know if you die unless a family member posts under your name. When we don't hear from you we (or me) think the worst.

An update would be nice.

Stay up top!

BD
If there is no struggle, there is no progress.
Frederick Douglass

Michelle F.
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by Michelle F. » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:41 am

Hi Frank, I noticed that you live in NJ. Not sure what part, but message me! I have a Doctor that I love and would be happy to give you her name. Hope you are well! Please post and let us know how you are doing!

Sylvia
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by Sylvia » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:10 am

Hi Michelle

Not sure if you saw my previous post but my old doctor who was amazing retired and i got stuck with a new one who has already missed one of my appointments with no heads up. So i drive the hour drive only to find out he changed his days in the office. A call would have been nice.

Anyways I'm looking for a doctor closer to home, I'm in essex county in NJ. Where is this doctor located and would you mind giving me his/her name? I've been stable on suboxone for 10 years and am doing a very slow taper. I am depending on my stash to get me thru but i've hit a wall with tapering and now afraid I am not going to be able to do it.

So i need to get another doctor but i've been spoiled with a wonderful caring doctor who helped me fight thru the first couple of years of relapses and all the anguish and anger that goes with it. He was strict but he cared about all his patients so much.

So if your doctor is in my area and is one of the good ones, i would love to give them a call

Thanks!

suboxdoc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by suboxdoc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:17 pm

Docm2, I think we're getting closer to where that type of malpractice would actually make a good case. I've noticed that ASAM is finally describing as a 'chronic medical illness'-- something that we all have known, but that the 'recovery movement' has prevented until now. My biggest complain with ASAM is that they've been total wimps, making sure they don't offend non-medicated treatments. I avoid joining for that reason. But if they start making recommendations consistent with the literature, stop supporting 'treatments' with 6% success rates, and stand up for treatments that protect life, I'd be happy to support them.

I can't believe that detox, especially 'rapid' detox, is still even allowed-- a medical procedure that costs $5000 with greater likelihood of causing death (by overdose) than having positive health impact-- why is it still allowed?