Suboxone For Research Chem Opiates With Clean Urine Test?

Will methadone and buprenorphine together cause withdrawal? How do I stop precipitated withdrawal? What dose of buprenorphine is best? Do I have to be in withdrawal to start Suboxone?
bertbacarat
New Poster
New Poster

Suboxone For Research Chem Opiates With Clean Urine Test?

Post by bertbacarat » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:41 pm

Hi All,
I have been an addict for about 10 years, mostly to Hydrocodone, but over the last 2 years I have been taking huge daily doses of extremely strong Kratom Extracts and research Chemical Opiates that will not show up on a standard Opiate Urine Screening. Suffice it to say, I am still abusing well in the range of 100+MG hydrocodone equivalent dosage I would guess.

My question is, if I go in for a suboxone prescription, explain this to the doctor but do not piss positive for "Opiates" can I still get help and prescription for Suboxone? Or would I need to come in "Dirty" from traditional opiates. Seems counter intuitive, but I am a little concerned about my position here. I know Suboxone would help me stay steady and start working on longterm recovery.

Thoughts?

razor55

Re: Suboxone For Research Chem Opiates With Clean Urine Test

Post by razor55 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:13 pm

Welcome Bert... In all likelyhood if you go in for intake and tell them what you ve just told us then you should be fine. We ve had this come up before here. The thinking is just because a person isnt postive on a UA does not mean they can stop and stay stopped off opiates Most DR. s see it this way. I really hope that this is your time to change . You can do it. Suboxone works for so many including myself. If you have more concerns just ask. Razor 60

Amy-Work In Progress

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:19 pm

I definitely agree with Razor that most doctors will listen to your compelling story and help you with your addiction. There are probably a few that are more "by the book", but you should be able to find a doctor who believes you and realizes that you need help.

Let us know what your experience is when you do your search. And good for you for making a change to recovery!

Amy
Done is better than perfect!

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:19 am

I agree with everyone else. You never know, you probably aren’t an isolated case and if a doctor is experienced enough then he’s seen a case or two of these chemical opiates or whatever. Don’t let it stop you, be 100% honest and see how it goes :)
Jennifer

bertbacarat
New Poster
New Poster

Post by bertbacarat » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:26 am

Thanks everyone, the encouraging words are exactly what I needed right now. I will let you know how it goes when I find my doctor.

docm2
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by docm2 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:05 pm

huge daily doses of extremely strong Kratom Extracts and research Chemical Opiates
If your tolerance is quite high it may take a couple of weeks before the Suboxone is covering the cravings due to the 'tolerance mismatch'.
I haven't had much success converting Kratom to Suboxone but if you have driven your tolerance up with other opiates you might be successful.
I think most experienced providers would at least let you try...
I hope you come back and post your experience to help others in a similar predicament.

bertbacarat
New Poster
New Poster

Post by bertbacarat » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:43 pm

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to come back and post an update. Hopefully this will help anyone else who might be hesitant to reach out for help or a suboxone maintenance prescription if you are taking strong research chemical opiates or non-standard drugs that wont show up on a standard dip urine test.

I was completely open and honest with the doctor, explained my situation and the doctor was very caring and listened to my story. That being said, they did question originally why I did not come up positive in the drug test. Having explained my situation, I was given a prescription to start induction. I am hopeful that this will be the start of getting my life back together and becoming stable so I can focus on that instead of just not being sick.

So for anyone wondering, YES you can get help with suboxone even if you are on non-standard opiods, but I believe its up to the doctor. That being said, I have found being honest paid off, so dont hide things from your doc in this situation.

I would imagine this type of thing is going to become more common in the age of research chemicals and fentanyl derivatives hitting our streets.

Hope this help someone else.

docm2
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by docm2 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:07 pm

I would imagine this type of thing is going to become more common in the age of research chemicals and fentanyl derivatives hitting our streets.
So true, thanks for posting, hope you update your progress as you get into your recovery. If your tolerance is high it may take a few days to balance out and start to feel well.

A '+' on a urine screen isn't always expected, for example, someone that has done a detox. Whether voluntary or after a jail or prison stint. They would be not screen for opiates, but with high cravings and if imminent relapse is possible would certainly be a reason to start buprenorphine.
On my screen, fentanyl and similar compounds as well as Kratom do not show up.

Lexmth34
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Suboxone For Research Chem Opiates With Clean Urine Test?

Post by Lexmth34 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:26 pm

I’m in a similar situation and was wandering if you had to do any detox period between the Kratom and suboxone?

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:55 am

I don’t think you do have to do a waiting period but I say that because kratom isn’t an opiate BUT hopefully Dr Junig or docm2 will respond with 100% certainty. But personally, I don’t think you’d have to wait but then again being in withdrawal may help...... heck that’s a good question but I wouldn’t think you’d have to wait.
Jennifer

suboxdoc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by suboxdoc » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:18 am

Yes you will need to be off Kratom Long enough to be in Moderat withdraw before starting Suboxone, just like any other opioid. Kratom is just another opioid from your receptors' perspective.

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:13 am

I had no idea you had to be in withdrawal from kratom to be induced on buprenorphine. That’s good I know that now because I had no idea! At our clinic though, I don’t think I’ve ever spoken to anyone that’s had issues with kratom so it must not be too big around here yet. Nobody really knows what you’re talking about when you say something about kratom.
Jennifer