Induction Dose in 18 Hours - Still not withdrawing.

Will methadone and buprenorphine together cause withdrawal? How do I stop precipitated withdrawal? What dose of buprenorphine is best? Do I have to be in withdrawal to start Suboxone?
zon
Average Poster
Average Poster

Induction Dose in 18 Hours - Still not withdrawing.

Post by zon » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:32 am

The more I read about this the more concerned I get. Nothing I can do about it now, but is it a bad sign??

I took my last dose of dihydrocodeine (short acting opiate I believe, and weaker than oxycodone) within the recommended timescale and I made it a small dose (8am this morning - it's now after 4pm). I'm still not in withdrawals though, and wondering if I've screwed myself.

I've read through dozens of posts here, and a lot of them are from people saying they were actually withdrawing for 24 -36 hours before their induction dose.

I'm praying I'll be withdrawing when I wake up tomorrow morning, is that the important part of this process?

Cheers.

owlcrow
Super Poster
Super Poster

Re: Induction Dose in 18 Hours - Still not withdrawing.

Post by owlcrow » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:48 am

As long as your in moderate withdrawal all should go well. I think it should catch up with you before the time for induction. Try to drink water to flush your system it can't hurt. Just hang in there all should be ok. Please keep us updated as to how this plays out. Good luck!

zon
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by zon » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:26 pm

Cheers for reply, I just felt like adding to the piles of panicked pre-induction threads, which may have set me off as well lol. Yeah I'll drink a lot of water and hope for the best. Can't believe I'm not in WD's though after 12 hours of such a small dose...can't remember that happening before.

I'll let you know how it goes!

zon
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by zon » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:38 am

I am 30 mins away from induction (luckily I live 5 mins walk from the clinic). Had what I would describe as mild WD's in full swing now for the past 3.5h since waking up, although have had repeated diarrhoea. Also runny eyes and nose, sweaty palms etc. It could probably go down as just hitting moderate on the COWS scale, maybe.

Hopefully this is enough for the induction to go smoothly, it's better than no WDs at all.

zon
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by zon » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:36 am

Update - got inducted on 4mg at the chemist, no problems at all, cleared the withdrawals. No PW! The two 2mg pills did dissolve very quickly, hopefully I didn't waste too much.

Got two more 2mg to take home and take early evening.

To be honest I would take some Dihydrocodeine pills just now if I had some. Is this a sign my dose may be too low? It's been less than an hour since I took the first dose. Mild sore head though and a lightly 'heavy' body feeling.

But thank GOD no preciptated withdrawals!

I go onto 16mg in a single dose from tomorrow morning but the doctor says I can reduce it down as soon as I want.

BlueLight
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Post by BlueLight » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:05 pm

zon wrote:
To be honest I would take some Dihydrocodeine pills just now if I had some. Is this a sign my dose may be too low?
Yes, it’s an ideal example it’s too low. When I first went into treatment I was bound and determined to only get on / take 4 mg of Suboxone because I would want to get off them ASAP.....having no clue of the hard work I would have to do in recovery. When I was at 4 mg, not wanting to go up, the treatment doctor asked me, “if you were home right now, would you try to score.....be honest”, I had to admit I felt like you. I needed to start my journey at 12 mg for several days.

zon
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by zon » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:58 am

This is interesting. I wouldn't make any actual efforts to get any other drugs but it does make me think I may need to settle a bit before dropping.

It's hard to describe a craving on paper...I mean does it have to pop into my head, or what? I keep asking myself if I'm craving to make sure the Suboxone is working, and at that point I mentally remind myself what a craving feels like, in my stomach, then I think I'm craving lol. But I may just be reminding myself of what a craving feels like and what I'd be doing to quell it back in the day. Very fleeting though, it passes straight away and there's no intention to get anything. I will bring it up with my drug-worker though, I have to meet her once a week. Gotta love psychoanalysis.

How many days roughly were you on the 12mg by the way? And how did you know when you were ready to drop down to a lower dose?

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:04 am

Zon you do need to stabilize on a dose before dropping unless you think your dose is too high. If you’re satisfied with the dose you’re taking now, just remain on that dose for a bit and don’t worry about dropping or getting down too quick because the main thing for you right now is to just stabilize on a dose and focus on your recovery. Some ppl focus too much on being on the lowest dose possible and you just don’t need to do that. Now if you’re not feeling right on your current dose then adjusting it may be what ya need to do but if it’s a dose you’re comfortable with then just stick with that for awhile. Some ppl take around two weeks to even a month to adjust to their initial dose.

Also, there’s a point in the beginning of this treatment sometimes that you can mistake cravings for just missing your doc. I’m not saying this is your issue, only you can truly tell that, but sometimes it’s a matter of missing that high or even boredom and not cravings that you could be experiencing. When I first started, the cravings were gone but I still felt something was missing and it was confusing for me. Not running after pills all day long or being focused on that was a huge part of my every day life during active addiction and all of a sudden that was eliminated and I had no idea what to do with my days. It’s important to find healthy ways to fill those gaps. I started gardening a lot and now I must say that I’m extremely good at it and take pride in it :)

Has your doctor talked to you about attending some counseling and meetings? Socializing with others that are going through what you are right now would be very good for you. I don’t know what kind of meetings they have in the UK but I’m sure they’re like the ones here in the US. I started meetings immediately after starting this treatment and it really helps your recovery. Just some things to think about, don’t overwhelm yourself being so new to treatment.

Just don’t worry about dropping your dose too soon once you’re on the correct dose (no matter what that dose is, only YOU know what that is). Stabilize on a dose, stick to it for awhile and work on your recovery and making healthy choices.... that’s the main thing you need to do right now. Don’t overwhelm yourself trying to drop your dose too soon, nobody gets a prize for the lowest dose.
Jennifer