More new stuff!!

Items of interest from my practice and academia, and political or regulatory information about buprenorphine and addiction. If you have something that you would like me to address, send me an e-mail.
suboxdoc
Site Admin
Site Admin

More new stuff!!

Post by suboxdoc » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:18 am

Please refer to my earlier post from today about the media capabilities.... I also just added two other things. One is a chat function; you will see 'mchat' in the menu at the top of the page, and you can see if anyone else is currently chatting and go to the chat page. It IS handy if you want to communicate more quickly with someone on this board.

The other function adds 'similar topics' to the bottom of each topic. So if you go to a topic about teeth, for example, you will see posts from the past 10 years that were about teeth. I set the sensitivity to a medium level for now, to see how things go.... some topics might have tons of similar ones, and other topics may have none. Please respond to this post if you have questions, problems, or suggestions.

I'm still on the fence about adding 'sharing' capabilities. On one hand, it would be nice to boost the word out there and inject some blood into the forum. On the other hand, I can imagine how distressing it would be to post something very personal and then see it on facebook. There are ways around some of the problems.... I can control which social media sites appear in the sharing buttons, and people can disguise their posts by changing a little info... but my concern is that any person in a thread can share the whole thread. I'm looking at it to see if individual users can opt out of having any information shared in that way. But at this point, I do NOT intend to add the sharing function. If that changes, I will give a head's up well in advance. Again, I welcome constructive comments from either side of the argument.