real PAIN after emergency

Can I have anesthesia on buprenorphine or methadone? Will I get enough pain medication? Will I have recall during surgery?
Rowdybird
Average Poster
Average Poster

real PAIN after emergency

Post by Rowdybird » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:53 pm

first off I am on 8mg Suboxone once day have been for 5 yrs my dr advised me to say on for rest of my life due to previous addiction. 28th August 2018 had kidney stone 4mm start to pass along with infection I was treated like a drug seeker when I was nothing but honest with everyone that I spoke with about history and desire to remain sober.

ER they actually tried the best to assit with my pain first I requested Tylenol then after words ibuprofen even requested heating pad to help pain (didn't get the heat pad) they offered Toradol this briefly helped but not much. It then went to 4 mg morphine which did nothing. 1 mg Dilaudid nothing then 25mcg fent up to 100mcg for one hour this did nothing.

then was admitted due to infection and need for stent....this is were it went horribly wrong. Spoke to dr about history and provided sub dr phone for contact(since sub dr had always told me you wont ever suffer there are meds that can and will help I had questioned her due to fear or anything like car accident or emergency surgery) I understand all the aspects of suboxone and tolerance and need to higher amts to effect the receptors and went into detail with my sub dr again she assured me this can't and won't happen.

on regular floor speak to hospitalist about med needs and she consults with phamar person and pain mgt about me and says we are gonna xfer you to ICU so we can put you on PCA and higher dosage than normal I agree to this.

once in ICU things go very badly ..... nurse comes in and says I have 2mg morphine for you and 5mg Percocet. I ask what happened to the PCA states I have no info on that but do you want the meds or not very aggressively I figured I would try it if it works great. It did not (keep in mind they had already given me 4mg morphine in ER) after night of severe pain I speak to dr again and he says well this is it your gonna get 2 mg morphine every 2 hrs as needed and 5mg Percocet every 4 hours as needed. I ask him to please contact sub dr. I know he did due to heard part of conversation was right by nurses desk. nNxt night nurse comes in and says right off the bat I have got your number and I know your operation... I aksed her what that meant exactly she throws up her hands and says I am not going to argue with you..?? (who is arguing I just wanted clarification on the comment) then states I am going to write down what times you can have the meds cause I know you people like to know that info. the whole time I also requested Tylenol and ibuprofen these were both refused to be given to me had to have my mother bring them in from home along with heating pad. Why they refused the over the counter I am not sure.

ened up having 2 stents put in first one was not in right and was very painful I also requested Pyridium and Flomax had to beg for the pyridium and was denied that twice was denied the Tylenol and ibuprofen several times. It was so bad that they had put sitter in my room after asking me If I had any suboxone on my person I pulled one out of my purse and they freaked out and made me give to my mother since you can't have any outside meds I guess I did not argue happily did as requested but I guess they thought I was a drug seeking scum as they put sitter in my room to observe me...the sitter who came in after last stent stated the nurses had said during shift change good luck with that one she has issues.
After last stent placed correctly still had severe spasms and begged for relief nurse told me you can't be given anything your gonna have to deal with it the spasms so bad that I was grunting hunched over in pain pouring sweat down my body only they nurse did was pull the curtain and shut the glass door so no one would have to hear or even look at me and left me like that until it disappeared after about an hour this was approx. 6:30pm start and 7:30pm stop time and shift change was at 7pm no one came in to check on me until 11:30pm. nurse then asked me if I wanted the morphine told her no due to wasn't hurting anymore and refused it the rest of the night into morning due to pain had stopped (thank GOD) I still wanted the Tylenol but she wouldnt bring it to me so had to take my own sitter told me she could not believe how I was treated ...I told sitter remember this this is due to people treating patients like drug seekers not people in pain. Sitter told me she would have done same thing as far as taken my own meds and would not say anything ...true to her word she did not.

Issue is I can't figure out why I was treated like that or spoken to like that much less had to suffer like that...I feel abandoned by my sub Dr. and the medical profession in general. I was never rude only demanding sometimes due to amount of pain I was in but never rude but yet I was treated worse than anything I can imagine going to say animal but no animal would have been treated like I was.

I only requested medication when hurting after it stopped I refused all of it nurses then kept coming in asking if I wanted it(that make no sense either to me) when I needed it they didn't want to give it when I didn't need it the pushed it on me but yet turned around and refused over counter things and other non narcotics that would have helped... how does this make sense in any way?? I am not looking for sympathy just questioning how and why this could happen I really just don't understand at end of my stay dr told me that it was my sub dr who had told them what to give and not to give....I never though of a hospital as a place for torture or people who got off on torture

one last comment over heard dr saying "she is a pain in the ass need to get her hell out of here" now that could have been about anyone but how can you be a dr and say that about anyone under your care. I won't go on I just wanted to let someone else read and see the bad side of care you can get when on the Suboxone. Oh and I never go to ER in the 5yrs on suboxone not once.

Now my trust is broken and I don't want to keep taking the subs but had to restart due to feeling poorly after discharge so I am weaning myself off them now I was in hospital 4 days total towards the end of stay nurse said you can go home if you want to and make outpatient appt. for the stent fix or stay I only choose to stay as did not want to wait any longer to end the pain who know how long it would have been. So hospital stopped my sub altogether then put me on 2mg morphine and 5 mg Percocet instead nothing extra only one does of Flomax and one does of Pyridium 2 Tylenol doses and one ibuprofen dose. Makes no sense to me at all.....no matter how I try and rationalize it.

razor55

Re: real PAIN after emergency

Post by razor55 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:21 pm

This is NOT the first time ive heard this. It is a shame that people in the healthcare field think this way. Ive said it before, The world does not want people like us to have drugs for any reason. so sorry you ve gone though this. Feeling and being left alone does not surprise me either. Once you got to the ICU I thought you d be in good shape. Higher Dose s given, pain relived.. Nope... # in my group have gone though this too . Where are you ? Id like to know witch hospital and town. Razor 60

Amy-Work In Progress

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:00 pm

Your story is an absolute travesty!! You shouldn't have to retain counsel to be treated fairly in a hospital. Seriously, the only thing I could think of doing in this situation is to get a lawyer!

I'm not giving you sympathy, just whole heartedly agreeing with you that this makes no sense. It's like the doctors and nurses in the ICU blacklisted you!! And any nurse afterwards was already prejudiced against you.

I'm afraid that I don't understand your current thinking though. If (and only if) this is a medication that has been working for you, why are you going to let those shitty (excuse my French) people dictate how you live your life? I understand that you had a horrific experience, but I would be weighing the benefits of taking buprenorphine against the relatively low risk that you will ever have to go to this hospital again beyond the ER. Why let these ignorant bullies push you around?

Now if you were looking for an excuse to taper and you feel that you can do well without the medication, then by all means, do it. And let us know how we can help! There are people here who have successfully tapered off and kept themselves in recovery. That could be your path too. I just don't want you to make a knee-jerk reaction to taper off because of an outside influence. But we will support you regardless of what you decide if you stick around.

By the way, I assume you told your suboxone doctor this story and asked why he couldn't help. What did he say?

Amy
Done is better than perfect!

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:09 am

As hot tempered as I am, I would have went ballistic on these nurses. How did you not explode on them? Probably pain was too distracting.... but mannnn I wish you would have told them where to stick their friggin opinions. 'I know you people like that' omg what a total ghrghfhhrgjgvgffdddggffhh beep beep beeeeeeep lol! Like Razor asked, what area is this hospital? Total douche cabobbs.

The thing is, human beings will have pain at times and kidney stones are extremely painful, so it just makes me wonder why you’re not supposed to need your pain helped as much as a non addicted person would? Someone working in the emergency field should expect addicts to have pain too. It’s a damn shame this happened to you, it really is. I do hope you don’t let this influence you to distrust all emergency personnel though because not everyone is going to treat you this way. There are still good ppl out there. I know it’s hard to trust ppl again if you were to have another emergency but not everyone is a-holes like this group of ppl. I’m glad you had a witness (your sitter). Thankfully you have someone who knows how you were treated. If it were me I’d file some kind of complaint.

I too don’t think you should let this situation influence you to stop your suboxone treatment. If you were already planning on it then ok, but if you weren’t then don’t let these judgmental ppl mess with a treatment that is helping you. They don’t live your life and they don’t know how you are every day. Hopefully that’s not the reason you’re tapering.

I’m sorry this happened to you. Nobody deserves to be mistreated. Karma will bite these ppl someday.
Jennifer

Rowdybird
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by Rowdybird » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:19 pm

I was already thinking about tampering anyways due to anything can happen in future I have always been worried about the subs blocking any pain meds and fear of getting in car accident and having for example leg twisted behind my head or ruptured spleen and needing some kind of either pain relief or surgery...that is why I made sure to ask my sub Dr about this issue and trusted her on it. Problem is that pretty sure I heard ICU Dr talking with her and I heard him say we normally give 2.5 Percocet for this then he said should we use 10mg? then say oh ok 5mg then. So it is possible that she screwed me but I am too angry now to go in and speak to her and pay for a visit to maybe hear her lie to me about it. To answer your question I am in Albuquerque New Mexico. I just don't understand the change in the plan from one floor 4th floor to use pca up to ICU and then changed to torture. Only good thing is that in 5yrs have only had one stone but bigger one waiting 10mm in right kidney just found out.I can't say that I was not upset while in hospital and spoke to supervisor after supervisor just nothing changed.I got really educated on how subs worked before I started them. That hospital did everything in their power to make sure I had pain I even suggested ketamine I don't know maybe I was just to educated for them. But it is my body and my pain and my damn life. Not Theirs. The subs. were great help in beginning but now I am not so sure but who is to say it won't happen again just for the enjoyment of the staff. As far as legal u really don't have any case unless u have damages like missing limbs or brain damage or such u can't put dollars on discomfort or pain and no lawyer would take the case again I just don't get the inhumanity of it who can get pleasure out of watching someone suffer I was sitting on toliet hunched over grunting like I was giving birth doing quick breathing to try and control something of the pain. They just came in shook the head and rolled eyes and pulled curtin and shut door. Funny thing is that even if I do get off em who is to say it still won't happen

Rowdybird
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by Rowdybird » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:28 pm

[quote="Rowdybird"]I was already thinking about tampering anyways due to anything can happen in future I have always been worried about the subs blocking any pain meds and fear of getting in car accident and having for example leg twisted behind my head or ruptured spleen and needing some kind of either pain relief or surgery...that is why I made sure to ask my sub Dr about this issue and trusted her on it. Problem is that pretty sure I heard ICU Dr talking with her and I heard him say we normally give 2.5 Percocet for this then he said should we use 10mg? then say oh ok 5mg then. So it is possible that she screwed me but I am too angry now to go in and speak to her and pay for a visit to maybe hear her lie to me about it. To answer your question I am in Albuquerque New Mexico. I just don't understand the change in the plan from one floor 4th floor to use pca up to ICU and then changed to torture. Only good thing is that in 5yrs have only had one stone but bigger one waiting 10mm in right kidney just found out.I can't say that I was not upset while in hospital and spoke to supervisor after supervisor just nothing changed.I got really educated on how subs worked before I started them. That hospital did everything in their power to make sure I had pain I even suggested ketamine I don't know maybe I was just to educated for them. But it is my body and my pain and my damn life. Not Theirs. The subs. were great help in beginning but now I am not so sure but who is to say it won't happen again just for the enjoyment of the staff. As far as legal u really don't have any case unless u have damages like missing limbs or brain damage or such u can't put dollars on discomfort or pain and no lawyer would take the case again I just don't get the inhumanity of it who can get pleasure out of watching someone suffer I was sitting on toliet hunched over grunting like I was giving birth doing quick breathing to try and control something of the pain. They just came in shook the head and rolled eyes and pulled curtin and shut door. Funny thing is that even if I do get off em who is to say it still won't happen. I just have this nightmare that I'll be off em and clean working and I will be screaming in pain and they will just stare and point or better yet pull curtin and shut door. I dealt with my demons long ago I don't use any drug I don't even drink clean sober working full time I never thought ever in billion yrs that this would ever be issue I don't even think about drugs anymore. Lovelace women's hospital only two in town and my insurance only goes there Presbyterian is other but they don't accept blue Cross blue shield. Lovelace downtown , Lovelace Rio rancho Lovelace westside all connected. Unm is regional trauma center. But unless ur in car accident u wait for days in er to be seen, or heart attack stroke...sure right away. U don't need insurance for unm.

Amy-Work In Progress

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:09 pm

I wasn't saying that you should actually get a lawyer. Just that you shouldn't have to have outside advocacy to be treated like a human being.

However, I will say that my friend on suboxone had her lawyer ready to go when she had her second child and they tried to pressure her to leave the baby in the hospital (despite showing no signs of withdrawal). She happened to have a lawyer on retainer for another issue and had his business card all ready to give the hospital personnel. They backed down immediately.

This may be the perfect time for you to taper off buprenorphine, and more power to you! I need to point out that, since buprenorphine takes away all of your cravings for opioids, that may be why you haven't thought of using in a long time. Unfortunately the changes that opioid addiction makes in your brain do not easily go away. However, you are in the best situation to step off, since you've made such positive changes in your life while you've been on medication. Having a recovery plan is important for any addict, and that's certainly true for opioid addicts stepping off their safety net. It would be a good idea to have a support system worked out so that you are ready to be in recovery without MAT.

Thank you for giving us a head's up about the hospital you were at. They are beyond terrible.

Amy

Rowdybird
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by Rowdybird » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:44 pm

All the toradol they gave me in hospital (prr them they overdosed me on it,) has cause me to have a Crohn's disease flare after being in remission since 2004. I only have left side of colon left due to resection from past disease. I unfortunately I have had to go back to Lovelace ER and another CT scan. It. Show still have all kidney stones previously had nothing changed but yet severe flare probably due to non steroids pushed on me . Now have severe pain from that. I have seriously just spoken to my spouse about not wanting any surgery no matter what even if the colon dies. I would rather it end quickly than having to try and go thru surgery. I figure pain from rupture or sepsis would be shorter. But trying Prednisone so far pain has increased instead of rapid decrease. I know they will try and treat inflammatory bowel disease. But if it doesn't work I'll not go to surgery. Again ER tried 4mg mophine ....but nope nada . I know everyone here is a stranger but remember some Dr's don't know or care about you. Mine don't. My primary after reading discharge notes didn't want to do anything he even sent me back to work like nothing is happening. He has been my primary since 2007. My Suboxone Dr is pyscatrist she doesn't deal with medical issues. You think u trust ur Dr but warning you really don't know until u r in crisis. I have previously weaned down to 1mg every other day.but sub Dr said no don't do that ...it is , bad idea for you. I didn't have any thoughts or cravings like I use to. I TRUSTED HER SHE IS MY DR. I TRUSTED HER.

Amy-Work In Progress

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:03 am

You have really been handed such a raw deal and I'm so sorry you continue to struggle with health issues and the betrayal from your medical team. They left you writhing in pain and gave you medication that didn't work and caused your other health issue to flare. I don't blame you for losing all faith in the medical system, Rowdybird. I really don't.

I just mentioned the thing about craving because I didn't want it to surprise you if you were feeling them after you taper off the buprenorphine.

I feel at a loss to provide any comfort or security in medical matters for you. If I had been through all that you had, I would probably feel the same way.

If there's anything we can do for you, please ask.

Amy

raudy1975
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by raudy1975 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:17 pm

Hello Rowdybird,

Your experience in the hospital is MY WORST NIGHTMARE. Because of this fear and the fact that I have been on bup now for many, many, years, I have tapered down to 1mg a day. I feel like if i am in an extreme situation which requires hospitalization or severe pain, the drop from 1mg to 0mg and getting on fast acting pain meds may be an easier transition. I have no plans on getting off of the 1mg. At least not for now. I feel like i still need the 1mg to keep my cravings in check. One day maybe, I wont need that.

Maybe you can also stay on this low maintenance dose? 1mg is fairly low and you can still get the pain relief benefits from it instead of being on nothing. I feel like the 8mg that you were taking was saturating most of your receptors , so other additional opiates (morphine, percs) just weren't cutting it.

Hope thing get better for you

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:51 pm

I sure hope you start getting a little bit of relief soon. This sucks and I totally understand your frustration, any of us would. I’ve never had kidney stones but my mom had them and my oldest son actually had them when he was around 14! It’s painful. I hope things start getting a little easier for ya, I also feel like there’s not much comfort I can give ya but stay strong and have faith things will get better.
Jennifer

Jess1208
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by Jess1208 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:29 am

This is a perfect example showing how so many uneducated people (even PROFESSIONALS in the healthcare field) think that addicts (AKA "JUNKIES"-HATE that word) DESERVE to be in pain and deserve to be treated like the scum of the earth.

I was doing a bunch of reading on Mac Miller's death by "apparently" a drug-related OD, and so many people are saying he chose to use drugs, so he deserves to die and that no one should have sympathy or have any type of feelings whatsoever about his death. SO many people say stuff exactly like that, and it is absolutely disgusting.

One morning I was listening to the radio on my way to work and this self-righteous cunt on the morning show said the same exact thing, how "junkies" choose to use drugs, and that when they OD they deserve to die because they "knew what they were doing", and "knew the risks before they used drugs"... Such ignorance and hateful comments... Needless to say I never listened to that morning show ever again.

People just don't fucking get it until it either happens to yourself, or someone you love deeply.

Makes me wonder, Someone who was diagnosed with lung cancer, and smoked cigarettes their entire life, (or maybe just smoked for a couple years in their 20's & ended up being diagnosed years later,) DO THEY DESERVE TO SUFFER AND DIE TOO ???

Stuff like this really boils my blood!!! So sorry you had to go through this experience. It is so fucked up and I hope SOME DAY people will be educated enough to realize that "junkies" are people too!!!! and that addiction is an illness !

Hate that word junkie by the way! But unfortunately that is how we are seen. Does not matter if we are in recovery or not, its like people are just waiting for us to fuck up and they ENJOY it. Its disgusting really. So much hate. Just know that all of us here are always here for you.

Rant over now. :)
Jess
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, Anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." -Unknown

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:39 am

I hate that word too Jess! It really makes my hair stand on end when someone refers to us a 'junkies'. I want to just punch em in the face. I totally get what you’re saying. That morning show host should lose her damn job.
Jennifer

Amy-Work In Progress

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:02 pm

I think that we should keep writing emails and letters and making phone calls to advocate for ourselves. Tell the people that think this way why they are ignorant! We have to keep speaking our truth!

Amy

Mumin
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Mumin » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:16 am

Jess1208 wrote:This is a perfect example showing how so many uneducated people (even PROFESSIONALS in the healthcare field) think that addicts (AKA "JUNKIES"-HATE that word) DESERVE to be in pain and deserve to be treated like the scum of the earth.

I was doing a bunch of reading on Mac Miller's death by "apparently" a drug-related OD, and so many people are saying he chose to use drugs, so he deserves to die and that no one should have sympathy or have any type of feelings whatsoever about his death. SO many people say stuff exactly like that, and it is absolutely disgusting.

One morning I was listening to the radio on my way to work and this self-righteous cunt on the morning show said the same exact thing, how "junkies" choose to use drugs, and that when they OD they deserve to die because they "knew what they were doing", and "knew the risks before they used drugs"... Such ignorance and hateful comments... Needless to say I never listened to that morning show ever again.

People just don't fucking get it until it either happens to yourself, or someone you love deeply.

Makes me wonder, Someone who was diagnosed with lung cancer, and smoked cigarettes their entire life, (or maybe just smoked for a couple years in their 20's & ended up being diagnosed years later,) DO THEY DESERVE TO SUFFER AND DIE TOO ???

Stuff like this really boils my blood!!! So sorry you had to go through this experience. It is so fucked up and I hope SOME DAY people will be educated enough to realize that "junkies" are people too!!!! and that addiction is an illness !

Hate that word junkie by the way! But unfortunately that is how we are seen. Does not matter if we are in recovery or not, its like people are just waiting for us to fuck up and they ENJOY it. Its disgusting really. So much hate. Just know that all of us here are always here for you.

Rant over now. :)
Jess
You took the words out of my mouth there! +10! How do we educate the public on this topic? People really need to understand this!(!!!)

Rowdybird
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by Rowdybird » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:28 pm

So went back again to ER 26sep due to continuing kidney stone pain and geez guess what my white blood cell count is now 24k so now I am septic. So I get admitted again thru 30 sep. Unfortunately I had restarted the Suboxone the previous week but only 1mg instead of 8. But the neat trick is they still didn't try and help at first ER give 1mg Dilaudid then+ 1 Dilaudid mg more then 50 mcg fyentel. Nothing..... Then hospitalist comes ans speaks to my mother and I and says he plans on doing 10mg oxycodone every 4hrs and 4mg morphine every 2hrs for pain I say I am willing to do and try anything. Then up on floor things change again to 5 oxycodone every 6hrs and .4 Dilaudid YES u read correctly that is point four not 4 .4 Dilaudid. How u can figure .4 who knows. So suffer for 26 & 27 sep until New hospitalist comes in and changes stuff for better and sets it up for 2mg Dilaudid IV every 2 hrs. So thanks to everything holy and pure I finally feel relief.. they do colonoscopy due to Crohn's flare whole left side colon inflamed so also Prednisone IV. And they do nothing for the stone this time they say not sure which is causing pain or what to fix. Released 30 sep went home on 15mg oxycodone only got ten so no concerns. 1oct go to urologist get set to 4oct scope to go get stone and get another stent. After stent in bad pain 5 OCT had to go back to ER yet again. CAN'T BELIEVE IT CAN'T Not again but yes they do treat me well and get pain relief shot. Slept the night ok but woke up today 6oct still feeling horrible pain so again back in 8am this time it's different this time it is no pain relief Dr gives toraldol and benydral as IM injection. This doesn't help at all and I ask for same treatment that I had previous day refused....Dr says narcotics are not indicated for this kind of pain that kidney stone pain is never managed with narcotics. I ask why did it work and be given yesterday he says u can have Tylenol.... REALLY I can have TYLENOL.....I am having uteral spams and I can use Tylenol I can do Tylenol at home and already had. Then I listened to them right in front of the desk nurse going over meds then saying well she is a drug addict. I ask to speak to Dr on staff not the nurse practitioner who was treating me (if u call it treatment) Dr Grant NP says he spoke to Dr Proctor and she agreed with his treatment that I could have Tylenol or Ibuprofen but otherwise I was being discharged. I don't get it in the patient rights part where it says you should be asked about ur pain and have it treated appropriately.

Patient handbook states you should be asked about ur pain and have it managed appropriately.

I am making up a letter of complaint for hospital for whatever state agency ....and whatever regulator involved.
I'm also going to forward it to the local paper to any online forum. Not sure if insurance has complaint option but I will look into it. Legal won't do anything but if it did I would pursue it to fullest extent possible.

New Mexico should be ashamed of how people are treated here. I only had addiction due to Drs pushing Demerol on me due to pain from Crohn's it was Demerol and phenergen over and over then even at home oh and can't sleep here is seconal to help. Years of pain and pain meds then found out hey one helps 2 or3 work better oh and they make me not worried and also work mentally. These pain meds make me happy and make me feel better in every way and I don't want to stop. From 1994 thru 2007 until had right hemi colectomy and went on humira and went into remission.

But I am not an addict you know what I am saying I am but I am not ......maybe I should try heroin, next time.
I don't know what I am saying my head is so fucked up at this time. I even thought about ending it today for good. My Crohn's is still bad Prednisone is not working and I am not getting rest of my colon taken out I will never have surgery again. Maybe I should just stop.

Amy-Work In Progress

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:27 am

Oh Rowdybird! I was on a trip to VT when you went through all of this and it's taken me a while to catch up on what I missed. I am so sorry that no one responded to your last post. We try to catch everything, but we are not perfect.

It's obvious that you were really struggling when you wrote this so I'm concerned for you! Could you please update again on how you're doing? You sounded desperate. Are you OK now? Or are you still going through cycles of hellish pain? I'll be looking for your response so I don't miss it!

Amy

Rowdybird
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by Rowdybird » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:03 pm

WEll I am still with the world not gone .....and yes I finally had the kidney stone removed out patient my kidney dr actually gave me pain meds total of 50 of them but they didnt really work 5 mg percocets isnt very strong so I just flushed them since not working anyways, and crohns flare was supposed to get on humira but gastro doc doesnt seem to be with the online ordering so have had any meds besides steroids so just living best I can I did restart the subs but havent had them in like 5 days due to up coming lithotrisy to get rid of remaing stone in right kisdey which is like 8mm now and cant pass naturally. dr will probably give me more percocets but they wont work and dont even think about asking them for anything higher. I have learned just to play stupid and take what is given....sad to say in this day in the world that people have to play dumb with their diseases with dr's. if you act knowledgeable about your own body dr's freak the fuck out and if it is narcotics the freak out is even more and they have to torture you for it I guess. the world is a sad place. I get to see my sub dr the 17 dec and I will be asking her what her involvement in my care was. even though she will probalby lie. so far I am still with everyone still working but my life suck bad now. thanks for all responses I got anyways.

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:37 am

Rowdybird I’m sorry you’re having a hard time right now! I wish you tons of success with your other upcoming surgery, I hope it goes well. I know it’s so easy to become frustrated because as addicts we do tend to have a big red caution sign on our heads when it comes to these things. If we’re in pain, it’s almost like we’re afraid of speaking up because the doctor may think we’re just seeking a high or something. Luckily I haven’t had any issues so far with pain or surgery (other than dental), but I know if I did I would be scared to say much if the pain medication they gave me wasn’t cutting it. I think I’d feel like if I said something they’d think I was just saying I needed more pain medicine for bad intentions. I totally get that and it is sad. Thankfully there are doctors out there that do understand but not all do, you’ll always encounter those that just flat out refuse to listen. Regardless, I hope things get better for you, especially throughout the holidays!
Jennifer

Amy-Work In Progress

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:46 pm

I'm not advocating for anyone to take medication in a way other than what is prescribed... But, hypothetically, couldn't someone take 20mg at a time to try to combat the pain? If that doesn't work a person could always go back to not taking anything. Just a thought.

Amy