Injecting suboxone

What dose of Suboxone do you take? Does your buprenorphine wear off? Do you have opioid withdrawal symptoms?
survivormom
Average Poster
Average Poster

Re: Injecting suboxone

Post by survivormom » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:10 pm

From experience, the Suboxone will get rid of the opiate craving, but AA/NA meetings, and weekly visits to a therapist with get rid of the HIGH Craving. You can't fix the addiction, without fixing the mental. I suggest she read 12 and 12, (you can print it free online) and go to at LEAST 2-3 meetings a week. it will use up her time and let her vent to others that have been where she has been. good luck, dad :)

FrankMatthews
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by FrankMatthews » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:01 pm

survivormom wrote:From experience, the Suboxone will get rid of the opiate craving, but AA/NA meetings, and weekly visits to a therapist with get rid of the HIGH Craving. You can't fix the addiction, without fixing the mental. I suggest she read 12 and 12, (you can print it free online) and go to at LEAST 2-3 meetings a week. it will use up her time and let her vent to others that have been where she has been. good luck, dad :)
SMART recovery is also a great option as well! It is a science based approach to recovery, you don't have to believe it's a disease or believe in a "God" to stay clean. You can learn new ways of thinking based on cognitive behavioral therapy and they are medication friendly! Your daughter might also enjoy the online meetings and 24/7 chat room. I was essentially kicked out of AA for being on suboxone.. I wasn't one of the 5% that could stay sober in there..
rule62 wrote:I'm in agreement with FM. I too injected water just to have the ritual to go through, but back then I was only 15 years old and today we're talking to an adult. We also had stainless steel needles available so we could boil them and reuse the needles time and time again. Luckily, I didn't get any diseases but I did abscess really bad that my left arm was swollen twice its size. (just missed the vein and injected a barbiturate into my arm)

There is only one way I know to stop an addictive behavior. You need to just stop! Yes, that sounds simple but it isn't. Everyone of us had to make a decision to get onto Suboxone or quit drinking, smoking, etc. We addicts know how to quit things. We also know procrastination works very well to not deal with the elephant in the room.

Just do it. Stop the injecting and go back to subliminal dosing. Simple as that.

"I knew that one day I'd have to stop _____, but I didn't want it to be today" Fill in the blank as needed.

rule
Wow that abscess sounds like the scene from the movie Requiem for A Dream (please watch if! It might give u cravings though it depicts addiction and how it destroys lives)

TeeJay
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by TeeJay » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:39 am

Yeah agree it's good to try NA/AA ... just don't let them convince you theirs is the only way to get clean, because it isn't. If it doesn't work for you, try something else. After all the definition of insanity is ...