PLEASE HELP! Suboxone not working this time switching from H

What dose of Suboxone do you take? Does your buprenorphine wear off? Do you have opioid withdrawal symptoms?
Ryan Ryan Ryan
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: PLEASE HELP! Suboxone not working this time switching fr

Post by Ryan Ryan Ryan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:30 am

Lyrica too can cause early Alzheimers and heavy brain damage, they say its much worse than alcohol abuse too. The problem is that doctors hand them out like candy and now they have a lyrica epidemic on their hands. It has claimed over 100 lives to suicide and over-dose. Its a horrible drug.

docm2
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by docm2 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:14 am

they
Who is they and can you link to scientific articles to support your premise?

Ryan Ryan Ryan
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ryan Ryan Ryan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:24 am

https://www.enjuris.com/pharmaceutical- ... suits.html

The worst part of this entire story is that these side effects – the mood swings, the memory loss or brain damage, the difficulty finding words, the tingling, the numbness, the headaches, the nausea – they might never go away, even once you stop taking the drugs.

And because these medications prevent the creation of new brain synapses, as we now know, this leads to both short- and long-term memory loss, which would possibly lead to something like Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.

It seems there is a good chance you may suffer permanent side effects.

As for other long-term effects, doctors simply do not know because the effects have not been studied. The medications have not been around for long enough yet, and patients haven’t taken them for that long.

However, we do know that other side effects include, but are not limited to:

Vomiting;
Seizures;
Uncontrolled eye movements;
Slurred speech;
Loss of bladder control;
Burning, crawling, itching, pins and needles;
Stabbing pain;
Difficulty walking;
Dementia;
Clumsiness;
Difficulty speaking;
Rapid weight gain or loss;
Blindness;
Muscle pain;

Swollen and painful joints;
Fast or irregular heartbeat;
Muscle spasms and jerking of all extremities;
Talking or acting with excitement you cannot control;
Decreased interest in sex;
Convulsions;
Change in consciousness;
Hives;
Red skin lesions, often with a purple center;
Sores;
Yellow eyes and skin; and
Vomiting of blood.

Below link is about the epidemic in many countries of abuse.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/heal ... 17601.html

docm2
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by docm2 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:58 pm

It seems there is a good chance you may suffer permanent side effects
I followed the link, a very limited (19) study of embryonic rats. Tenuous to link to adult humans.

I agree with your premise that problems occur with misuse and not using it at appropriate doses. Do we restrict a medication that many find useful when a few people don't use it correctly? If so, Wellbutrin, Neurontin, Lyrica, Trazadone, all Benzos, all opiates should be restricted.
The sites linked are from an ambulance chaser and a newspaper article from a tabloid in the UK. Not real credible medical sources.
I get it, bad medicine for you. Glad you stopped it.

Ryan Ryan Ryan
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ryan Ryan Ryan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:21 pm

And because these medications prevent the creation of new brain synapses, as we now know, this leads to both short- and long-term memory loss, which would possibly lead to something like Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.

This part has been proven. There is a medical article about it, I'll see if I can find it for you later on, got things to do first today though.

From my personal experiences, my memory has not returned at all, I am always forgetting to do things all the time and my short term memory used to be superb. I felt suicidal while using the drug, lots of mood swings, I lost 2 friends due to abusing them in a email rant that I don't even remember doing. I read the emails and it was like some other person had typed them, like I turned into Mr Hyde.
I racked up a 20,000 debt to my dad that I am still paying off. Trust me, its a terrible drug.

BlueLight
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Post by BlueLight » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:38 pm

Ryan, keep in mind the brain is a remarkable organ that repairs itself many times beyond current scientific studies. But it heals and recovers SLOWLY. Be patient. It may take a year or two to come thru the other side. The important thing is you stopped inflicting any more damage on your brain.

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:12 am

Until reading on this forum, I never knew some ppl used Lyrica as their drug of choice. In my area, the only time you hear about it being taken off the street is if someone gets a few to help ease withdrawal. It really does help withdrawals but it isn’t anything I’ve ever heard of taking more than a couple days and that’s just a few a day at that.

I do understand it’s not a good medication to abuse long term but why would you pick this particular medicine to be your drug of choice? Just curious, with all the things out there us addicts abuse, why would Lyrica be the choice? It makes you dizzy if you take too much and just not an overall good feeling in my experience. I believe it’s a good medication to do what it’s meant to do like docm2 said, to use as an abusable (probably not a real word) drug..... it just doesn’t seem like something that would be most people’s first choice to get high with. I get it’s probably cheap on the street but you’d have to take quite a bit to feel anything plus it isn’t the same feeling opiates gives ya, at least in my experience with this medication. The only time I’d take this medicine without a prescription is to hold off withdrawal for a day or two.
Jennifer

Lillyval
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by Lillyval » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:23 am

I know a couple people who picked up Lyrica as their DOC after getting off painkillers. I think the reason is simply because it’s schedule 5 and many doctors will prescribe it easily. It may not be as “good”as opiates, but it changes the way you feel and is easily obtained.
That article from the UK also mentioned prisons. When I worked in corrections gabapentin was widely sought, because it was about the “best” drug an inmate could be prescribed.

Ryan Ryan Ryan
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ryan Ryan Ryan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:31 am

It gave me a massive utopia high that lasted for many hours. But its not worth taking as it modifies your behavior as well. I lost some good friends, put it that way. I take nothing but supplements now and keep myself very busy in spare-time and work. Trying to rebuild my life.

Ryan Ryan Ryan
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ryan Ryan Ryan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:30 am

I'm at rock bottom right now. I'm think i'm heading towards bankruptcy. I've been thrown under a bus at work. I've been blamed for other trades poor work. I have spent about 10 days just with preparation on the current house but trades come in, rush their work and fuck my work up. They got an inspector in on another house and he blamed me for poor coverage when the builder only paid me for 2 coats on the walls of white paint over an orange wall sealer. I think it covered well and this inspector was paid $400 from the builder to write a very biased report against me.

I don't have much money and the current house I'm painting has to be perfect so the builder gets more work from the designers. I'm doing so much work for free, he's paying me jack. I am fixing up so much bad plastering and gyprock walls.

I just feel like getting a kitchen knife and stabbing it through my heart.

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:39 am

I know the feeling Ryan. I’m going through the hardest time that I’ve went through since I started this treatment 7 years ago. Nothing is going right for me, NOTHING. Every day something new happens to cause me more worry and stress...... things that alone would overwhelm me but it’s all together stacking on top of each other. I’m overwhelmed, bottom line I’m struggling.

I’m not struggling with my recovery, that’s actually the only thing that hasn’t fell to pieces. I keep telling myself that as long as I have my family and my recovery, this shall pass. I don’t know what is in my future but my present right now is very stressful. We just gotta get through stressful overwhelming times and one way I’m trying to feel better is just keep talking to my counselor. Even though my recovery is solid, counseling is so helpful regardless.
Jennifer

Ryan Ryan Ryan
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ryan Ryan Ryan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:31 am

Thanks Jen. Nice to know I am in the same boat as someone else going through the same thing. Yesterday I released all my anger by screaming into a towel, muffling it. I really felt a bit better after that.

I really hope the two of us can climb this horribly high mountain of madness together.

There's this one girl at the pharmacy who refuses to serve people like us. I heard her say once " Oh god, here comes another one"
Fucking hell, at least we are getting help and trying to not relapse back into our old life.
There are evil bastards in africa who hack children's limbs off and serial killers who are glamorized as much as they are demoralized.
Yet, we are the ones who are the junkies and get discriminated against for abusing ourselves worse than anyone else.

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:57 am

I would have had to confront that lady Ryan, what an insult. I can’t stand ppl who think they are better than others just because they haven’t faced the things they have faced..... yet. One day karma will get to her and she’ll have her own struggle. If someone doesn’t know how to act better than that then they shouldn’t ever have a job working around other human beings, she should lock herself up with other perfect ppl and shut the hell up! Lol ok I’ll hush, that just struck a nerve in me hearing that happened to you.

You know, with me I always get slammed with bad luck on top of bad luck. I can’t just suffer with awful news.... nope other things keep that’s just as devastating happens on top of it. This point in my life, I think it’s the most difficult in 8 years. I keep telling myself if I get through this and all these problems that have just opened up, I can truly get through anything. Then again, I also think that it’s life telling me to get myself in gear and start moving around pieces that I’ve been putting off for a long time. One thing I do know is this, there’s parents out there dealing with a dying child, there’s ppl dealing with a dying spouse..... I’m going through nothing like these ppl and for that I should be grateful. I always try to be grateful. Maybe thinking like that will help ya Ryan. It helps to know things could be so much worse.
Jennifer

Ryan Ryan Ryan
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ryan Ryan Ryan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:44 am

She's one of those extremely pretty girls too. Pretty on the outside, rotten on the inside. I bet she would take the long way around me if she ever saw me walking by. You know what, I think I will say something to the pharmacist about her. Everyone else there is really nice to me, even the other pretty girl who I have long talks to and knows I've been sober and fighting hard.

You are right too about someone being much worse off than you. Like my mother who is dying and in the last stages of kidney dialysis and her life. Its killing me to see her decaying away. Its hard enough fighting my addictive personality and my most dear loved one will be dead soon.
Its like I've been cursed by god, even though I don't believe in him.

queenie1959
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by queenie1959 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:36 pm

Ryan Ryan Ryan

I can't type much because I have numbness of my fingers. I joined this "wonderful" forum in 2010. Please look for my introductory story. I urge you to read it. I lost both my legs since then. I'm not telling you to believe in God but, try to believe in something. I am 76 yrs. old and I find reasons to smile everyday even though it hasn't been a picnic. I put my Suboxone under my tongue everyday and do the best i can. Be well, take care, don't give in and don't give up!

Big hug,
Queenie :D

Amy-Work In Progress

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:18 pm

I'm so sorry to read about everyone's struggles! I have been through similar times and sometimes it felt like I would never make it through them.

The circumstances that caused my depression have changed in some ways, but not in others. I can't bring my friend back to life, for example. But I did finally do the things I had to do to finish my degree and find a job.

Don't forget, you all, that you are already amazing for sticking to recovery for so many years! The strength you have shown to get where you are is really impressive! Don't forget that!

By all means, look up our Queenie's story. It is really inspiring that she has remained positive despite many troubles and setbacks.

Amy
Done is better than perfect!