Micro dosing anyone?

What dose of Suboxone do you take? Does your buprenorphine wear off? Do you have opioid withdrawal symptoms?
rob500
Power Poster
Power Poster

Micro dosing anyone?

Post by rob500 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:49 pm

When I was tapering a few years ago once I got to 0.25mg every 8-12 hours the effects were different.
I don’t know what happens to half life effects at lower doses and that’s why I was asking question if anyone has or is using 0.25 or lower doses in 8-12 hour intervals and what their experience was.

JamesB1985
Average Poster
Average Poster

Re: Micro dosing anyone?

Post by JamesB1985 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:06 pm

I've never tried it but I've always heard that less is more with Suboxone. I've heard of many people saying that they receive greater effects when they use small dosages...i.e. - less than 4 mg. I've never seen the mechanism of how this would work explained though.

Swoops40
Average Poster
Average Poster

Re: Micro dosing anyone?

Post by Swoops40 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:39 pm

Hello — I’m sorta curious about this as well. I had worked my way down to 2.5mg by taking .5mg every 3-4 hours, 9a-9p and my plan was to just keep making the interval longer (4 hours, then 5 hours, etc.) until I was taking .5mg just once or twice a day, then go to .25mg. I told my doc and she said that was a horrible idea and I was just pretending I was still taking Vicodin. She said that I need to take it no more than twice a day. I said that if I take 1mg it holds me for 6-7 hours tops, so she said I could take it 3 times a day if I had to. But that meant taking 3mg daily, which I’ve been doing and feel just fine. Anyway, that’s a long way of saying she said taking small doses throughout the day was the wrong way to do it. I’m still not convinced tho.