Buvidal

What dose of Suboxone do you take? Does your buprenorphine wear off? Do you have opioid withdrawal symptoms?
Ryan Ryan Ryan
Power Poster
Power Poster

Buvidal

Post by Ryan Ryan Ryan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:38 am

I'm 8 days into giving Buvidal a go. Its only $30 in Australia for a one month injection.

So far so good, though the first 5 days were the best as I had a huge amount of motivation.
I still have a good amount of energy and motivation but I can't help but feel I slightly dipped since the first 5 days.

Fingers crossed I won't feel withdrawals until I take my next shot.

I'll keep you guys updated every week.

jennjenn

Re: Buvidal

Post by jennjenn » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:28 am

Nice Ryan! Definitely keep us updated. I’m wondering if this shot you’re talking about is something like the Vivitrol shot is here in the US. If so, there’s been a lot of ppl reporting success with it and there’s also ppl reporting that they don’t necessarily like it. I’ve heard some talk about their cravings came bk after a couple weeks. Personally I know nothing because I’ve only ever taken buprenorphine. At our clinic we have a pretty significant amount of Vivitrol patients.

Definitely keep us updated and I look forward to hearing how your journey goes :)
Jennifer

docm2
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by docm2 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:53 am

Buvidal is similar to Sublocade, a long acting injection of buprenorphine. It has not been release in the US yet. Europe has it as well as Australia, I did not know that so thanks Ryan.
$30!!! WTF, Sublocade is $1400 per injection in the USA. Indivior can cry me a river in protest about patient support programs, specialty pharmacy pricing etc. US patients are getting screwed by big pharma. I'll keep my political comments to myself but that is several levels of outrageous. OK, I guess I didn't.
A while ago I had heard they hoped to release Buvidal early 2020 but I doubt that will happen now. They got tied up with the FDA.
Might have more flexibility with weekly dosing initially as well as a monthly injection.
https://www.news-medical.net/drugs/Buvidal-Weekly.aspx

Ryan Ryan Ryan
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ryan Ryan Ryan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:11 am

This is weird, my levels are back up again and feeling awesome.
Perhaps the problem was I had some beers last night at a work do and that brought my levels down during the day. :mrgreen:

Holy crap at over $1000 a shot for you lot in America. That really is taking the piss.
I'm hoping it lasts the full 28 days so I can get away with only paying $30 a month. Its either that or up to $200 a month for suboxone....
So far, my experience with Buvidal has been much more pleasant than suboxone as I find that I start to get withdrawals with the strips about 4 hours before I am to dose again and it was even worse when money was tight and I was dosing every 2 days.
So far Buvidal has been a blessing but we will see if I am still saying the same thing up until my next dose. I will keep you all posted.

I too have noticed that many have had success with it while others haven't.

rule62

Post by rule62 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:45 am

Good to hear it's working out Ryan. Do you know the daily dosage release? My only problem with any injectable Buprenorphine product would be a too high of dose for me. It took a year to get down to 1 mg per day and I don't want to mess that up. I wonder if they'll offer a low dose version in the future?

Keep us informed. And let's hope that if and when it does appear in the U.S. it won't cost so much as our Sublocade.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously

Ryan Ryan Ryan
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ryan Ryan Ryan » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:26 am

I was told that if I was taking less than 8mg of suboxone a day, I would have had to stay on it. So looks like its only for 8mg users or higher unless they have released a lower dose of it since then.

Mind you, I only just feel like I am getting enough on the drip feed of Buvidal. My body has yet to get used to it but so far I give it the thumbs up. Mind you, I still have 17 days to go.

The best days were the first 3 days for some reason. I felt a little too amazing though, its quite the rush you feel for 3 days straight for some reason.