Buvidal Injections are Working Great!

What dose of Suboxone do you take? Does your buprenorphine wear off? Do you have opioid withdrawal symptoms?
Ryan Ryan Ryan
Power Poster
Power Poster

Buvidal Injections are Working Great!

Post by Ryan Ryan Ryan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:15 am

I have had 4 injections now and have to say they are the way to go!! For the first 2 months, I felt a little bit flat in the last few days before the needle but I was still able to work well as a painter. But the last 2 injections have been much better with no withdrawals at all really.

Advantages - $30 a month. I was paying up to $170 a month on suboxone. Keep in mind I live in Australia so I don't know how much it will cost you.

Stigma - No having to go to the pharmacy every day and be looked down upon by some customers and one particular bitch who won't even serve people like us.

Side Effects- Barely any except for itchiness for 2 days after the needle.

Disadvantages - Having to rely on the pharmacy to call me when my script reaches them so I can pay for it and then they can fill it and courier it to my nextstep place. Last time, I had to call them as they forgot to call me, LOL! Luckily, it got there just in time for my appointment. Now I'm going to use my phone calendar to alert me 5 days before my appointment so human error is minimalized.

The sting!! - The pain is about an 8 out of 10 and lasts for about 10 minutes. But, the buvidal kicks in and the pain is no more.😀
I guess it's to be expectant as they are injecting a whole months worth into me.

Final Verdict - ITS no different to suboxone except for the fact I no longer feel withdrawals after the first 2 months so it's better than suboxone as I feel great now for many days. With suboxone, I felt flat on the second day often when I was dosing every 2 days. I even felt flat hours before dosing every day. With the buvidal, it keeps my levels up.
I am saving a lot of money too. Suboxone is so expensive but $30 a month for Buvidal was a god send. I feel far less depression as a result of being able to afford it now comfortably.
Not having to drive to the pharmacy and walk the walk of shame is a godsend too. Mind you, all of the girls and guys at the pharmacy didn't judge me except for one. But there is always one, right?

If you can get buvidal for cheap then I say do it.

docm2
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Re: Buvidal Injections are Working Great!

Post by docm2 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:08 am

Thanks for the update R cubed.
Buvidal is not available but Sublocade is getting similar reviews, except the USA cash price is over $1000. I'll save my rant regarding costs for social media.
Our practice finally got started a couple of months ago. The red tape was draconian, hoops with the DEA, Indivior and my own administration.
Glad to hear you are doing well!