Any tips to stop splitting dose throughout day

What dose of Suboxone do you take? Does your buprenorphine wear off? Do you have opioid withdrawal symptoms?
zon
Average Poster
Average Poster

Any tips to stop splitting dose throughout day

Post by zon » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:17 am

Hey folks,

Long time since I've posted - hope you're all well!

I went onto Suboxone a year ago and everything went fine.

Started on 16mg and I've now been on 10mg for a few months, and am about to come down to 8mg tentatively which I think is probably a better dose for a clearer head for me, although I am slightly nervous about it due to the dosing pattern I've got myself into.

I've been splitting my dose throughout the day, which I know is not recommended but I felt my dose was a little bit high at 10mg, so I've got into the habit of about 3 doses a day and it worked nicely but isn't ideal for work, can make me a bit lazy etc.

But now I'm going to be on 8mg, dosing 3x a day is going to be more difficult, so I feel I may as well try to start taking it once a day, but if I take 8mg in the morning I always feel the need to take more later, as I can feel a bit of a crash, especially around the times I usually re-dose.

Is there a better way to do things, to avoid this desire for a dose later? Should I maybe take the full 8mg in two doses but within quick succession of each other? Is it normal to feel a crash later in the day when dosing once per day? I'm thinking about maybe dosing twice day for now although this again leads to a further craving in the evening...is it better to just bite the bullet and do once a day? Will I get used to that quickly enough or am I stuck with extra cravings throughout the day?

jennjenn

Re: Any tips to stop splitting dose throughout day

Post by jennjenn » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:04 am

Hey zon! Welcome back!

My dose is 8 mg a day also. Of course the ideal way to take your medication is all at once and be done with it. Most of the time that’s how I do it because my workload is so full that I barely have time to go pee! But I know some ppl do start getting somewhat antsy in the evening time sometimes. I do that too but not a lot. The way I used to do it, back when I first dropped to 8 mg, is I would take 6 mg in the morning and when evening time come around and I’d feel that antsy feeling and take the other 2 mg I had left from the morning time. That way worked for me very well and I finally got to where I’d take the full 8 all at once and it has been fine. Dropping doses can be an adjustment so if you need to do that then personally I understand. The doctors don’t want ya to do that but sometimes if you gotta then you gotta.
Jennifer