Dosing more often?

Does Suboxone hurt teeth? Why does the film taste bad? Am I high on Suboxone? If you have side effects to buprenorphine, discuss them here.
joey120685
Average Poster
Average Poster

Dosing more often?

Post by joey120685 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:47 am

I wanted to get opinions about how other people dose..because I have no insurance I try to stretch my script for as long as possible....I tear tiny pieces off of a 2 mg strip 3 or 4 times a day...every time I start feeling the gross feeling I take a small piece and it usually last about 4 hours. I have tried dosing one time a day in the morning but I find I have to take a huge amount for it to even last 8 hours! My theory is its better to take a small amount of subs then to take a huge dosage just for the purpose of dosing once a day. But then again I am experiences horrible low t and side effects. May this has something to do with it?... Also does anyone have any ideas for supplements for this low t problem.

rule62

Dosing

Post by rule62 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:40 am

Hi Joey,

You must have one of those fast metabolisms if the Sub wears off in 8 hours. What you are doing now sounds about the best way to go if you want to save money.

The Suboxone and low T has been discussed here many times. As far as I know there is no current evidence of Suboxone causing low testosterone. That doesn't mean it isn't a contributing factor, just no conclusive studies done. There is a fairly current thread about it by Moviemaker1. Check the Index under Side Effects. As far as a supplement is concerned, no one has apparently posted anything about it so I guess not. Those here who have low T are being treated by their physician for it. A blood test needs to be done, etc.

Rule

P.S. I cannot look at your avatar. It drives my brain crazy. I mean no offense.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously

Swoops40
Average Poster
Average Poster

Re: Dosing more often?

Post by Swoops40 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:42 pm

I dose the same way, every 3-4 hours between 9a-9p and my plan was to increase the interval until I was only taking 2-3 times a day. Taking one big dose doesn’t hold me for more than 6-7 hours, and if it’s over 1mg it just makes me high for the first hour or two (of active time) then I feel tire, lazy, etc.

I told my doc and she said my microdosing idea was horrible, and I was just replicating my Vicodin schedule and I needed to take Sub less often, even if it meant taking more mg. That didn’t make much sense to me, but she’s the doc, so I’ve been taking 3mg daily divided by 3 doses and feel fine. I was taking 2.25mg before, and I’m still not sure this is the right way to do this.

For the low T I got my blood checked and started seeing a hormone doc that understood the impact opioids had on my testosterone. He started me on injections and I’ve been great ever since.