Going off Suboxone cold turkey

Share something about yourself, where you live, and what you like to do. Save your addiction story for that section.
Lmander12
New Poster
New Poster

Going off Suboxone cold turkey

Post by Lmander12 » Wed May 18, 2022 1:14 am

I have been on Suboxone for almost 4 years, I most recently was at 1-2 8mg a day. I lost my insurance and today was day one without, I am noticing my nose running and I’m at the end of day one, before bed. My lower back is also hurting, I’m scared about what’s ahead of me. I cannot afford cash pay for doc and script. Does anyone have any tips to help me get through this? I’m terrified.

Thank you,
Laura

rule62

Re: Going off Suboxone cold turkey

Post by rule62 » Sun May 22, 2022 11:03 pm

How's the battle going? Sorry no one has responded to your post, but the traffic here is minimal. Did you go through the section "Stopping Suboxone" to see how others tapered slowly? If you don't have enough to taper then right not you're probably feeling like death warmed over. Is there anyway to get more to do it the right way? If you can taper down to the 2mg films then cutting them into smaller pieces is a lot easier. That's the way most members here did it. Some like the liquid taper method and you can read how that is done too. I've never used it so no comment from me.

Hope you're not too miserable.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously