I am off Subutex with hardly any withdrawals!!

How to stop Suboxone? How long should I be on buprenorphine? Is Suboxone withdrawal bad? How do I detox?
subtaperingnow
Super Poster
Super Poster

Re: I am off Subutex with hardly any withdrawals!!

Post by subtaperingnow » Tue May 22, 2018 5:14 pm

Ok, so I am still doing good you guys. I'm 1 month off of subutex. I have no issues at all except for the back pain.. its weird the back pain has been going on for weeks. And the problem is its pain shooting up my spine not lower back pain.

Last time I got off bupe the pain was in my lower back. This time its pain shooting up my spine that will not stop.. its 24/7. I will give it a few more weeks before I get it checked out in case it really is suboxone withdrawals. I do remember having horrible back pain for awhile after quitting last time, but I cant remember how long it lasted.

Anyone know how long the back pain normally lasts?

Jess1208
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by Jess1208 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:54 am

Shooting pain sounds like a pinched nerve. If I were you I would see the doctor! Hope you feel better soon!!

Jess
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, Anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." -Unknown

Amy-Work In Progress

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Wed May 23, 2018 2:36 pm

I think Jess may be onto something. I'm not saying that shooting pains cannot happen during withdrawal. Typically, though, it is more common to feel an aching pain anywhere in the body. I hope your pain is not from withdrawal and that it can be addressed medically.

Amy
Done is better than perfect!

subtaperingnow
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by subtaperingnow » Thu May 24, 2018 3:56 pm

I was thinking the same thing a pinched nerve. It really sucks though, to be doing good overall. I have energy and everything, but this back pain is debilitating. I was actually in tears today at work, and almost told my boss I needed to leave. Somehow I pushed through work, but Idk how long I can if it doesn't get better.

I'm gonna be 5 weeks off of suboxone here in like 2 days. Therefore, it's becoming worry some the pain will not let up there's no break from it :( I've never had pain in my spine only in my lower back. What worries me is that the pain is getting worse not better.

I will update if things get better, but if it doesn't get better in about a week or so I'm gonna go get it checked out.

Amy-Work In Progress

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Thu May 24, 2018 10:53 pm

Please consider getting your back checked much sooner than that, especially since it's escalating!

I don't want to sound scary or pushy, but you could lose part of or all nerve function while you wait for an appointment. I have a friend who lost part of the function of his fingers because nerve damage was occurring and he wasn't proactive about going to the doctor.

This honestly doesn't sound anything like withdrawal. I'm concerned for you! Do you take any OTC drugs for the pain? I know that nerve pain doesn't always respond well to some pain relievers, but it's worth a shot. Ibuprofen and naproxen sodium are both non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and it's possible that some of the pain will lessen with a decrease of inflammation.

Amy

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Fri May 25, 2018 9:15 am

I agree with Amy, I’ve never really heard of back pain being a withdrawal symptom. I feel like I always get every single withdrawal symptom there has ever been and I’ve never experienced back pain. I definitely experienced body pain and aching everywhere but not just specific to the back. It’s probably one of those things that you didn’t notice it before because the suboxone was numbing the pain or it could have just started.

I hope you feel better soon!!
Jennifer

DeeKay
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by DeeKay » Mon May 28, 2018 3:25 pm

Interesting. Back pain has been one of the most persistent WD symptoms that I've experienced almost every single time that I reduce my dose.

It started in the upper right just below my shoulder blade. Then I had back pain at the lower end of the right side of my back. One time the back pain ran from top to bottom. It almost always occurs a few days after a reduction in my dose. I'm currently on day 8 of 1 mg of Suboxone (just for reference because I have tapered for over a year starting at 16mg).

Now what you're experiencing sounds very different from my normal and expected back ache from tapering.

I would go and have it checked out. It shouldn't be getting worse IMHO, it should be getting better.
Today I Will Not Worry About the Things I Can Not Control

subtaperingnow
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by subtaperingnow » Thu May 31, 2018 9:36 am

The upper back pain is not getting better. I stayed positive about it for all this time. I'm not positive anymore, and it's really messing with my quality of life. It's not an ache it is a shooting pain, and feels like something is out of place. Aleve, Tylenol etc, does not help it nothing does.

If I lay down on my back it puts pressure on it, and causes more pain. I finally scheduled an appt. for tomorrow after work. I scheduled it with a chiropractor and plan on getting x-rays if they think I need them. I do worry about a chiropractor making the pain worse though. Other than the upper back pain I feel good, I will update when I find out what is going on.

Amy-Work In Progress

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Thu May 31, 2018 5:15 pm

Please let us know how it goes!!

Amy

subtaperingnow
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by subtaperingnow » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:36 pm

It has been 7 weeks now I had to think about it because I don't keep track now. I am doing great I don't have any withdrawals, and no PAWS this time :D. I went to the chiropractor, and they cracked my back in multiple places plus my neck.

I have problems with my neck so he focused on my neck as well. The upper back pain has pretty much subsided, I only have a little pain here and there now. I didn't think it would ever end, and the back pain was the only real withdrawal I experienced. Just wanted to give you guys an update, have a great day everyone.

Amy-Work In Progress

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:50 am

I'm so relieved for you that your back pain is just about gone!!! That is fantastic!

I continue to be very happy for you. :)

Amy

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:58 am

That’s awesome to hear subtaperingnow! I’m so happy for you after all your hard work you’re getting exactly what you wanted. Hopefully you’ll keep us updated periodically so others can use your journey as inspiration!
Jennifer

Mowgli2018
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Mowgli2018 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:44 pm

I personally appreciate this account of tapering and getting off sub since he is one of the few that do not attest to taking more mind altering, receptor filling "drugs" but good, solid honest commitment to commit to staying focused, not obsessing about his "lust" for the drug and instead changing his focus to "lust" for recovery of no drugs in his system..I think this is awesome. If you read his account, very little change from his first attempt to taper but good solid commitment with the latter reaping tremendous reward. Love this. Inspiring.

subtaperingnow
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by subtaperingnow » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on here in a while, I added it up and its been a little over 3 months off of Bupe. It hasn't been difficult at all.. I have no mental problems thankfully this time. I took my time getting off of Bupe, and if done right there is little suffering especially mentally. I don't take any medications at all, and to me that is the best way to do it. I only used clonidine for the first week.

I feel better off of Bupe and I look healthier as well. Of course I am thankful for the medication but I did deal with side effects but that's besides the point. The point is its not a perfect medication it has its flaws but overall the pros outweigh the cons and if used as a tool it can save your life!

subtaperingnow
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by subtaperingnow » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:14 pm

It has been 4 months, and 1 week!

I still can't believe I made it so easily, but I worked hard on my recovery. It didn't matter how long it took to get off, because in the end I made it. If I would have forced myself off like the first time I would be going in circles and boy its a vicious cycle. Just wanted to stop by, and give my update. Working on my recovery saved me from hell mentally as well as physically. Of course I will always keep working on myself, but to finally feel content without anything is all I've wanted.

Amy-Work In Progress

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:01 pm

Is it possible that you find a post by LibertyActivist in Stopping Suboxone and give him your take please? He could use some positive reinforcement and says that I'm just making him more nervous. He needs you!

Amy

P.S. Happiness for you overflows!!

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:38 pm

Great job subtaperingnow! I knew you’d make it and I had all the faith that when it was your time you’d push through. Please update us anytime you can! Very happy for you, you’ve come a long way!!!!
Jennifer

subtaperingnow
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by subtaperingnow » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:16 pm

Thanks Amy & Jenn.

I keep working on myself each and everyday. I will most definitely update when I can. I did this for myself this time, and not for everyone else that was the difference!

Amy-Work In Progress

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:14 pm

Sorry that we thought you are a guy!! :mrgreen: :oops:

Oops!!

Amy

subtaperingnow
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by subtaperingnow » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:05 pm

Hi everyone I am currently 6 months off of Subutex!

This is pretty exciting you guys to make it this far. I do feel better mentally, and physically that is for sure. One thing I have noticed though is that I do lack motivation when I get home from work. I wake up rather early for work so that may be the reason, and my job is physically demanding as well as mentally at times. I am trying to think of any other issues, the problems I do have are minor. Oh, my feet get achy sometimes at night and I have to move them a lot they start having a burning sensation not a big deal though.

My biggest problem I would say is the lack of excitement in life which is bothersome. I know that has to do with my neurotransmitters, and I have hope that they will level out at some point. I will say it is a lot easier to wake up in the morning now that I don't take any medications, and I am never late for anything lol. I used to be late for every little thing when I was on Subutex. Other than the issues I mentioned I am doing great, and those issues are very minor.

I hope everyone is doing good, and for anyone that is trying to stop Suboxone keep your heads up. It may not happen the first try, but just keep working on yourself and do what is best for you not anyone else. I tried the first time mainly for everyone around me and that didn't work.

The second time I got off Subutex for myself. And no matter how disappointed my family was the first time, because I went back on Subutex I knew what I was doing and what they said didn't matter. Only I knew what was best for me!!