Still in the tapering process

How to stop Suboxone? How long should I be on buprenorphine? Is Suboxone withdrawal bad? How do I detox?
rule62

Re: Still in the tapering process

Post by rule62 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:14 pm

Great post! We wish you success on your journey.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously

Dehaven6
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by Dehaven6 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:04 pm

Hello so I had a question and hopefully can get some advice Jeff has now gone down to 2 mg he is on the little orange pill form of Suboxone and just today he started telling me he’s having really really bad cravings now he is exercising eating well and actually not taking anything else ( eddies vitamins and minerals) because he feels he doesn’t need anything as of yet? But any thoughts on handling cravings kicking in down at 2 mg?
Thank you so much!

superhappyman
New Poster
New Poster

Post by superhappyman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:41 pm

I would encourage practicing mindfulness as a first option: those cravings will pass a lot sooner than you might think. Distract yourself, tell yourself you feel alright even though you may not. Second option would be taking a small dose increase if you just can't stand it. No shame in that whatsoever.

I think it's important to ask yourself "why do (I) want to get off suboxone?" Are you doing it because YOU want to? That's the most important thing. If you are unsure about whether you have this desire, I'd recommend sticking with a low-moderate dose for now...

DaveK
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by DaveK » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:37 am

Dehaven6, sorry about my absence, but I was on a multi-week vacation and tried to keep my mind off of as much of this stuff as I could. I agree with the other poster - your husband needs to find something to occupy his time. I got involved with on-line poker (not with real money - yet), which I could spend hours at a time playing. I'd also have my headphones in so I could listen to my favorite music. Just so you know - the cravings start to get to be real bad when you get down to the 1mg and lower dose, so a plan is definitely advised. I have been off bup now since Sept. 5th. I still have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep on most nights if I don't take anything to help. However, my skin has stopped crawling and my body is able to regulate temperature without me feeling cold constantly.

I wish your husband and you the best of luck. Let me know if I can help.