Check In

Everything else. Who is your favorite band or music video? See a great movie lately?
rule62

Check In

Post by rule62 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:15 pm

With all that is going on with this horrible Covid19 world, please let us all know how you are holding up. Can you financially be on hold for a month or two? Many cannot, especially addicts. The only safe ones are those in critical fields and those who have a pension and are retired. So far the government has said that SS or Medicare won't be affected.

Me, I am one of the lucky ones. 65 and have a small pension that pays the bills. My job laid me off but my sweet wife has paid off almost all our debt so it's mostly just basic bills everyone gets. Both of us got laid off. My wife had 2 PT jobs that are no more (for now). Yes, some belt tightening but we'll survive. I'm sure everyone is either worried about their family or have extended family that they may need to help out. That is us. We may need to pitch in for a sibling or more and some cousins if this goes on too long.

May it end soon.

Do tell, my fellow SuboxForum members and stay healthy!
Don't take yourself so damn seriously

jennjenn

Re: Check In

Post by jennjenn » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:42 am

Good to hear you’re doing well right now rule! Our clinic has switched all counseling, peer support and case management to telehealth (online or even telephone for patients that don’t have access). Everything has went to working from home starting today.

I worked through Friday and Saturday I started feeling sick. I learned last night that 2 more fellow employees feel the same as I do. No fever so I’m assuming it’s not the big Coronavirus but maybe something else going around the clinic like a different virus or something. We haven’t had any cases in the county I live in or work in although my state has over 500 cases and there’s a few in the county next to mine....... scary times right now. If ya get sick it scares ya to death thinking you’re suffering from the Coronavirus lol and you start thinking you’re going to spread it to the elderly ppl in your life! I’m a worrying type person anyway so the fact I’m sick right now just shows how my luck goes :? :?

As of right now financially we’re ok, I’m still getting a paycheck. We’ll just take everything one day at a time I guess. How’s everyone else doing? With there doctors office too?
Jennifer

Lillyval
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Re: Check In

Post by Lillyval » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:25 pm

I’m very fortunate. My husband is a first responder, and I am getting paid to teach from home full time right now. Honestly, I’m more concerned about getting my medication. Even before this happened it’s been getting harder and harder to get my prescriptions filled. Twice the pharmacist refused to fill 0.5mg/DAY of klonopin with my Suboxone, and that’s going to the same pharmacy and having been on the same meds for years. Not to mention that I can’t refill my Suboxone until the day after I run out, no matter what. Six years total on Suboxone and this is the hardest it’s ever been.

My heart goes out to all of you who are unemployed, sick, or suffering.