Check In

Everything else. Who is your favorite band or music video? See a great movie lately?
rule62

Check In

Post by rule62 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:15 pm

With all that is going on with this horrible Covid19 world, please let us all know how you are holding up. Can you financially be on hold for a month or two? Many cannot, especially addicts. The only safe ones are those in critical fields and those who have a pension and are retired. So far the government has said that SS or Medicare won't be affected.

Me, I am one of the lucky ones. 65 and have a small pension that pays the bills. My job laid me off but my sweet wife has paid off almost all our debt so it's mostly just basic bills everyone gets. Both of us got laid off. My wife had 2 PT jobs that are no more (for now). Yes, some belt tightening but we'll survive. I'm sure everyone is either worried about their family or have extended family that they may need to help out. That is us. We may need to pitch in for a sibling or more and some cousins if this goes on too long.

May it end soon.

Do tell, my fellow SuboxForum members and stay healthy!
Don't take yourself so damn seriously

jennjenn

Re: Check In

Post by jennjenn » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:42 am

Good to hear you’re doing well right now rule! Our clinic has switched all counseling, peer support and case management to telehealth (online or even telephone for patients that don’t have access). Everything has went to working from home starting today.

I worked through Friday and Saturday I started feeling sick. I learned last night that 2 more fellow employees feel the same as I do. No fever so I’m assuming it’s not the big Coronavirus but maybe something else going around the clinic like a different virus or something. We haven’t had any cases in the county I live in or work in although my state has over 500 cases and there’s a few in the county next to mine....... scary times right now. If ya get sick it scares ya to death thinking you’re suffering from the Coronavirus lol and you start thinking you’re going to spread it to the elderly ppl in your life! I’m a worrying type person anyway so the fact I’m sick right now just shows how my luck goes :? :?

As of right now financially we’re ok, I’m still getting a paycheck. We’ll just take everything one day at a time I guess. How’s everyone else doing? With there doctors office too?
Jennifer

Lillyval
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by Lillyval » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:25 pm

I’m very fortunate. My husband is a first responder, and I am getting paid to teach from home full time right now. Honestly, I’m more concerned about getting my medication. Even before this happened it’s been getting harder and harder to get my prescriptions filled. Twice the pharmacist refused to fill 0.5mg/DAY of klonopin with my Suboxone, and that’s going to the same pharmacy and having been on the same meds for years. Not to mention that I can’t refill my Suboxone until the day after I run out, no matter what. Six years total on Suboxone and this is the hardest it’s ever been.

My heart goes out to all of you who are unemployed, sick, or suffering.

Bamagurl22
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by Bamagurl22 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:34 pm

Hi all! I am in Alabama and my county is getting hit pretty hard by this virus. Last night the we found out that there is finally a curfew here that everyone should be home by 5pm. I'm just freaking out a little. I don't have any Subs stockpilled. I know, crazy. I have been on 4 mg for quit a while now so that's me getting 30 strips every 2 months. I have 17 strips left and go back to the Dr on May 5th. I tried calling the clinic a few days ago and got put on hold for what seemed like forever so I hung up. I was calling to see what was going on and could I do my visit via home telephone as our internet is very sketchy and I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to do an on line visit. I did go to the Suboxone clinic's web page and it is still saying that they are open. I'm going to try to call back on monday and see if I can get some answers. Anyway I haven't been on here in a long time so I thought I would check in and see if any of you all were having any trouble getting your meds. I hope everyone is doing well, all the Dr's here and mods. Thank you for keeping this reliable forum up and running and may this pamdemic be over very soon. SIncerely, Bamagirl 22 aka Angie

jonathanm1978
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by jonathanm1978 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:17 am

Bamagurl22 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:34 pm
Hi all! I am in Alabama and my county is getting hit pretty hard by this virus. Last night the we found out that there is finally a curfew here that everyone should be home by 5pm. I'm just freaking out a little. I don't have any Subs stockpilled. I know, crazy. I have been on 4 mg for quit a while now so that's me getting 30 strips every 2 months. I have 17 strips left and go back to the Dr on May 5th. I tried calling the clinic a few days ago and got put on hold for what seemed like forever so I hung up. I was calling to see what was going on and could I do my visit via home telephone as our internet is very sketchy and I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to do an on line visit. I did go to the Suboxone clinic's web page and it is still saying that they are open. I'm going to try to call back on monday and see if I can get some answers. Anyway I haven't been on here in a long time so I thought I would check in and see if any of you all were having any trouble getting your meds. I hope everyone is doing well, all the Dr's here and mods. Thank you for keeping this reliable forum up and running and may this pamdemic be over very soon. SIncerely, Bamagirl 22 aka Angie
Yeah...Bama is starting to get hit pretty hard in all areas. Jefferson and Shelby are really feeling it...

So far, my doctor (which is in Centerpoint near Bham) is still doing walk-in visits..but I foresee that changing.
Adam Wayne P.
DOB: July 1, 1985
October 8, 2013

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:14 am

Bama if it were me I would not stop until you talk to someone at your clinic. You have the right for peace of mind. Call or heck even drive over there until you get the answer you need. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with doing that. I worked in the front office of our clinic Wednesday and a lot of ppl called to ask questions. It’s expected in this time of scary stuff happening and if someone gets hateful over a paying patient asking questions then they can go kick rocks because you’re just doing what everyone is doing...... so don’t give in until someone answers your questions :)

If you’re in Alabama then you may already know how awful Tennessee is doing during this pandemic..... there hasn’t been anything shut down until just recently. Kentucky has had everything but what is considered “essential” closed for weeks now. The Walmart and other major stores like food city and Kroger in KY, only 1 family member per household is allowed in the store. They have employees standing at the front entrance enforcing this. At our clinic, when patients are outside, if they gather and aren’t standing 6 feet apart and the right ppl see it then they can shut us down. KY is doing everything right and TN is doing everything wrong imo.

It’s just scary and I worry too, if someone isn’t taking this serious enough then you better start. I feel like my fiancé isn’t that concerned and it’s annoying! If I get my family sick over him being careless then :oops: :evil:

Please everyone be safe! Please update what’s going on in your area, with you or anything, just share whatever you need to or want to. We need to support each other.
Jennifer

Bamagurl22
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by Bamagurl22 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:44 pm

Hi Jenn! Hi Johnathon!You two are both pretty close to where I am and we are getting hit pretty hard. We have the essential working only and everyone in the state of Alabama must be home by 5 pm. But on a brighter note, I texted my clinic to see if I would have better luck finding out anything and they replied. Telling me that they are considered essential for the time being and are still up and running. So I'm wondering now how they are doing this with so many patients. Maybe they are doing like your clinic Jenn Jenn and just letting everyone stay outside until time for us to go back and take our UA and see the Dr. I have been hearing on some of the youtube on line meetings that alot of places are allowing their patients to skip the drug testing/UA this visit. I guess that would get the line moving along a little faster. I know these are stressful times and I hope it doesn't lead some people astray.This would be a terrible time for relapse and such and trying to get into a treatment center or just to get help period seems like it would be alot harder with all of this going on. It just made my day to hear from Jenn Jenn and Johnathon as I have been thinking about both of you and so glad that you both are still here and I assume still on Suboxone and doing well in your recovery. Thank you both for replying. Lets keep in touch and let me know if there are any changes in going to the dr's and getting your meds and I will do the some. Sincerely Bama girl

jonathanm1978
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by jonathanm1978 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:30 am

Yes, I am still around and still doing my treatment. I don't foresee that changing as I'm comfortable where I am on dosage, love my doctor, and I am doing well even with the current conditions of our country. I actually got my refill yesterday and my appointment is around the 1st week of May, so I am unsure how that will work for now, however...I have my doctor's personal cell number and she trusts me and knows I am not a risk for relapse.

I usually spend most of my days doing something on the PC ..whether it's video editing or livestreaming my PS4 gaming sessions...I am not far from the computer.
I have been going to my home church and recording the things that people want and posting that stuff for them, as no one in the church has decent internet, and the church has absolutely zero option for internet because of it's location.
I usually encode the video and upload the 4-5gb file in a couple of minutes and share it for them via the FB page created for the church.

The things I can do now with this high-speed internet..it's unreal. We never thought we would care about 4K video because just to watch 4K content via Roku or streaming service, you need a 25mbps internet service or higher. So we figured we would never be able to see what the big hoopla was over 4K...but having fiber has changed that. We bought a 75" TV just before this pandemic thing really got bad..and a 4k Roku box, plus had our Dish Network changed to a 4K Joey so we can stream 4k and watch various shows. Not only are we able to watch a show in 4k, but while doing that, my sons are playing Call of Duty online with their friends, plus they each stream to Twitch while playing...plus my youngest watching her "kids netflix" that we set-up for her.

With the schools out for possibly 4-5 months..having a kid's Netflix profile has been a lifesaver. She can just watch whatever she wants and we don't have to worry about her watching things that she shouldn't see. (she is only 8)..
But as a parent...I am enjoying this time with her, as this sort of thing doesn't happen on a regular basis..so I'm spending time with her during this and enjoying having her around when she should be at school. Hopefully everyone can take this time to build their family bond and strengthen the relationships...I know for us it is doing that.

And then I have a group of people that I do some games with and live videos that are a FB group. We do a weekly trivia night and monthly prize drawing, which I am heading up. And the past week, I am doing a daily live video in the FB group for the members..just to talk and give people something to do..just because the boredom level is high with a bunch of adults who are used to having a job to be at, and that has changed for many. Still running calls with the FD, although they are screening the 911 calls pretty harshly and we don't get the frequent fliers as often since the COVID-19 pandemic ...so for now, none of those "I bumped my toe, please send ambulance"...

Curious to see how everyone else is spending their days...?
Adam Wayne P.
October 8, 2013

Bamagurl22
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by Bamagurl22 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:22 pm

Oh wow Johnathon you really seem to be handling your time well during all of this. I remember before that you always loved spending time with that daughter of yours. I happy your enjoying your time with her out of school. You said you were still on the Suoxone and I was just curious about what dose you have settled in at comfortable. I have been at the 4 mg for quite a while now but have been taking 3 mg some days. I don't feel a difference on the days that I take 3 mg instead of my usual 4mg. I credit that to going backup to 4 mg every 2 or 3 days. With that long half life I would think I could do this comfortably but it does get tricky at the lower doses so I'm playing it by ear and just trying this so that I can stock pile a few extra Suboxone just in case this virus thing gets bad or something like this happens again next year. Thoughts? Your forum friend, Angie

jonathanm1978
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by jonathanm1978 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:55 am

The dose I'm on right now is around 16 to 12mg. Depends but that's the usual. I hope everyone is staying aware and listening to their local guidelines.
Adam Wayne P.
October 8, 2013