Reasons to drug overdoses. What would yours be? (poll)

Everything else. Who is your favorite band or music video? See a great movie lately?

Why would you OD?

Mistake/miscalculation
50%
Attempted suicide
50%

Total votes: 2

Mumin
Power Poster
Power Poster

Reasons to drug overdoses. What would yours be? (poll)

Post by Mumin » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:39 pm

I've had a friend who od'd and died, which was a mistake. I've also talked to other addicts, who have said their preferred way to die would be an opiate OD. Now i'm in recovery and i'm not in these thoughts anymore, but when i were i was considering to OD to not have to live with that life anymore. Nowadays i have a good life and i'm glad i never succeeded even though i never tried to actually die from it. The furthest i got was "fuck it i don't care if i die" - and took a dose that could've killed me. Many times.

I'm happy to be alive and happy to be in recovery, but when you were an addict. Were you considering similar thoughts?

I'm not sure if this is a topic that is OK with this forum, if not, please delete this topic. I just want to find out why people actually OD. So, think back to when you were an addict. Why would you, if you would've OD'd, OD?

jennjenn

Re: Reasons to drug overdoses. What would yours be? (poll)

Post by jennjenn » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:16 pm

I never tried to commit suicide and I never tried to overdose. I did come close to overdosing around 3 times when I was shooting up but I never had to go to the er or anything. What I did think a lot about though was feeling so hopeless that I’d ever be able to quit that I’d rather be dead than living the rest of my life like I was. I couldn’t bear thinking that I’d be waking up with that hopeless feeling and sick for the rest of my days left on earth. Disappointed family members and my children, having everyone give up on ya...... yeah I sometimes prayed for death. I never thought I’d ever be able to stop.

I have faith now and sometimes I still cannot believe that my life is more free and at peace now. I can’t imagine where I’d be without it today. I do think plenty of addicts felt the same way because we felt trapped and stuck never thinking there’d be another way out.
Jennifer

cristoph126
New Poster
New Poster

Post by cristoph126 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:43 pm

The only drug overdose i would like to have is the one that Charlie Sheen in a Scary movie when he had something like tapentadol 100mg and he was so hard that it killed him.
Suicide is never a way out. It won't relief you from pain, it just passes it to your close ones. My father did it and i will always remember how it was and i will never be willing to deal such a pain for my family. So shouldn't you as well.

jonathanm1978

Post by jonathanm1978 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:58 am

Can't answer because neither would be my answer.
Adam Wayne P.
DOB: July 1, 1985
October 8, 2013

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.