Cause of death: Unknown

Everything else. Who is your favorite band or music video? See a great movie lately?
TeeJay
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Cause of death: Unknown

Post by TeeJay » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:49 am

I just watched this documentary, and for those of us who've done the psychiatric polypharmacy thing, it's quite interesting! Definitely verges on the anti-psychiatry tip, and can be reductionist at times. But in my experience most documentaries are like that these days.

https://www.cause-of-death-unknown.com/

I found the stuff about the FDA interesting, as it definitely confirmed some of my suspicions about their practices. But I also think it treated psychiatry a bit too unfairly at times. For instance, I actually do believe childhood bipolar exists. Merely watching that film Boy Interrupted (it's on YouTube) is enough to dispel any ideas to the contrary. I also believe the director / narrator gave Zyprexa quite a bad rap, considering it's actually one of the better atypical antipsychotics in terms of sudden death / long QT syndrome.

Ultimately I think the responsibility for her sister's death should be placed on her doctor. If I remember correctly, she was prescribed four or five different anti-psychotics on high doses, both conventional and atypical, at the same time. That's just asking for trouble.