NEW GENERIC STRIPS

Anything about buprenorphine that doesn't fit somewhere above, fit it here!
Lillyval
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Re: NEW GENERIC STRIPS

Post by Lillyval » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:50 pm

My friend also tried the Dr. Reddy films and said they were the same for him. But I know what you mean about different people absorbing meds differently. I just had an experience with Zubsolv...I started to write it here, but I decided to make a new post on Zubsolv. If the Dr. Reddy films didn’t work for you, I’m pretty sure the Sandoz ones I posted above are actually the same as Suboxone (same manufacturing plant).

Hopefully you’ll be able to get them cheaper and they will work for you. Good luck.

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:43 am

I definitely don’t think it’s in your head pugmommy. I have no answer for why this happens but I absolutely don’t think it’s all 100% mentally in someone’s head either. I’ll also say this, since I’ve switched over to tablets (the generics), I haven’t had any issues with different tablets........ but I had an issue with one type that has me questioning what in the heck is up!

My pharmacy is pretty good about giving me one certain kind, I don’t ask for a specific it just works out that way for some reason. I’ve had different one’s though, and not noticed a difference and I never went into it expecting a difference because I just don’t think about it like that. It’s been years and I don’t go into anxiety because I’ve received a different tablet than I’m used to. I got a different kind one month and it just did NOT work for me. I was irritable, I was waking up with a little bit of restless legs & arms, I felt completely fatigued and I even experienced watery eyes. I knew these weren’t any symptoms from anything but withdrawal. I actually had to take extra to make it through those rough days. It wasn’t good. As soon as I got bk to another tablet, I was fine.... immediately fine. Why did this happen.... I have no explanation and I don’t know why. It has to be that some ppl just don’t mesh with certain tablets or whatever it is. I know others have success with probably the very tablets that I had issues with, so I’m not saying it’s a crappy brand, just not for me.

Pugmommy, I get it, I wish I knew exactly what was the answer, maybe your friend is right. I’m sorry you’re having trouble with yours!
Jennifer

Lillyval
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by Lillyval » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:47 pm

I was on medschat or something and several people were saying one particular generic Sub seemed to not have (or allow absorption of) the same dose of bupe. I think it was a white one with an arrow on it, but I’m not positive. I was a little worried about getting an unknown type of several generics now out there, but mine seems fine. The imprint is 54 122 and the manufacturer is Wast-Ward/Hikma (I think it’s a recent merger of two companies).

jacksh
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by jacksh » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:36 pm

Hi, I just got back from my doctor and he told me one generic is good but the yellow box one was terrible. Guess which one I got at the pharmacy. Maybe that's why I've still been having wd symptoms after over a week of taking 16MG daily. So today I asked for brand name only. More expensive but I don't want "terrible" medication. I want medication that works. I'll post how the brand name sub differs.

pugmommy
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Post by pugmommy » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:22 pm

Jacksh, how is the new prescription? I cringed when I read your post about the yellow box. Just yesterday I got 5, just to see how I do, seeing as anything other than brand doesn't work for me. And it's the yellow one. I tried to put this out of my head, we'll see how it goes.
PUGS NOT DRUGS

BlueLight
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Post by BlueLight » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:53 pm

I used to run a pain forum back in the day when you could order hydrocodone over the Internet no problem. I was always amused with the endless posts about various generics, from licensed US pharmacies being “less strong”, “fake”, etc... I knew the pharmacy owners personally. That’s when I truly learned about the power of placebo.

Jess1208
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by Jess1208 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:15 pm

I have ALWAYS taken name brand. It is what my doctor writes for. Just got my new script filled (that was for SUBOXONE... and received a generic instead. I double checked and the prescription did say suboxone. Why would the pharmacy do this? After almost 5 years, I have never had anything other than name brand suboxone. That is what my doctor writes for.

Funny thing is, This generic actually costed me MORE out of pocket than suboxone brand too..... I’ll attach pictures of my suboxone vs. the ones I just received. (Im on 4mg/day) I’m not too thrilled and haven’t taken any yet. I’m thinking about calling my pharmacy and my suboxone nurse. My doctor writes suboxone for a reason. I truly believe name brand can be “better”... especially with a medication like suboxone.

Ok.. it’s not letting me add photos from my iPhone, even after resizing them to the smallest size possible. The generics say Dr Reddy. Film foil packaging is all white.

Jess
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, Anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." -Unknown

Amy-Work In Progress

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:22 pm

Jess, it's often true that unless your doctor specifies, "no generic" or "brand name only", etc. pharmacies can fill the prescription with a generic medication.

Amy
Done is better than perfect!

docm2
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by docm2 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:29 pm

If you look up thread you will see my previous post. Suboxone is no longer being made. Soon, the wholesalers will have emptied their stocks to the pharmacies and that will be it.
Lily did find that Sandoz has the license from Indivior to make a generic.

Jess1208
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by Jess1208 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:33 pm

I cannot find that post about suboxone films being discontinued. Nor can I find any information online stating that. Can someone please point me in the right direction? And yes amy my doctor writes for name brand. Where I go to, All the patients have specific prescriptions to what exactly they will get. Suboxone name brand or generic or tablets, all that stuff. And I’ve always had Suboxone name brand.

Just a little worried because I already wake up in withdrawals every single day on my dose and I have heard and talked to a lot of people who had bad experiences with different generics.
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, Anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." -Unknown

docm2
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by docm2 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:05 pm

This thread, page one.
then see Lily's comment
I'm afraid there is going to be a dark side to this generic. Indivior is not actually making Suboxone anymore but have licensed it to another generic maker. The drug reps don't know which company is now making 'their' strips.
So their marketing strategy is going to be: too much diversion, strips and tabs are causing a great deal of harm, everyone should be on Sublocade. Similar strategy when they went from tabs to films.
It will be interesting to hear how doctors bring it up or promote the injection.
PAX
Link? No, conversation with the Indivior rep.

Jess1208
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by Jess1208 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:20 am

Ohh ok thanks doc, so suboxone is no longer being manufactured? All generic films now?

Suboxone website is still up and running.

Just confused

Jess

razor55

Post by razor55 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:36 am

And now we see that the US gov has just sewed Indivor for fraud and a number of other charges. Google it folks. rr

Jess1208
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by Jess1208 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:37 am

I did try googling it... which is why I asked for someone to point me in the right direction.

BlueLight
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Post by BlueLight » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:48 am

Jess1208 wrote:I did try googling it... which is why I asked for someone to point me in the right direction.
It’s quite common in the Pharma biz to license out manufacturing of a drug patent you own to another company. There are several companies for instance, that don’t manufacture any drugs of their own, they specialize in only sales and marketing, or research and development only, etc... So Sandoz will be manufacturing Suboxone while Invidior probably retains the sales and marketing, while also the patent for their version of Suboxone.

Make sense?

Jess1208
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by Jess1208 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:22 pm

So I am not sure how that means that Suboxone name brand is discontinued and now there are only “generic” buprenorphine/naloxone films available currently? If Suboxone name brand is “no longer”, that doesn’t make sense to me.

Sorry I’m just confused as I’m hearing two different things here since asking about my situation.

Jess

Jess1208
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by Jess1208 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:36 pm

(I did not receive Sandoz’s version, I received Dr. Reddy) so that is why I’m confused as to why I was given Dr. Reddy’s generic films, if Sandoz is now the manufacturer of what used to be “Suboxone”, (which is now being sold by Sandoz as a generic version), why did I not get Sandoz’s version of the strips? Why did I receive Dr. Reddy when my doctor writes for Suboxone name brand, wouldn’t that then mean Sandoz-only? According to what you all are saying? That is my question. (Correct me if I’m wrong but that is my understanding of what you all have been saying)

For my experience, is it like when certain pharmacies only carry certain manufacturers? If that is the case, why wouldn’t my pharmacy let me know they only carry the actual generic films and no longer carry what was once known as “Suboxone”, and verify that info with myself before my purchase?

I feel each month there is always something new going on with MAT and it gives me anxiety to think so many things are changing and being taken away from recovering addicts trying to do right by ourselves . I am not scared to be without MAT, I am scared to withdrawal for months. Because I live in daily chronic pain and am not ready to go through even MORE misery, physically and mentally.. anyone with chronic pain knows how exhausting it is and how it completely consumes your life. so I am trying to work on my mental and physical health before I plan to get off. I’m sure many of us fear our meds being taken away and left to withdrawal.

Sublocade is not an option for me since I am not on a “high” enough daily dose.

Jess

BlueLight
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Post by BlueLight » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:59 pm

When doctors write prescriptions for Suboxone or Percocet or Vicodin, the pharmacist will generally always (some mandated by state law or insurance contracts) fill with the generic dugs buprenorphine, Oxycodone, or hydrocodone. The prescription must say “Brand Only” to override the generic being automatically filled, or you yourself may request it and pay the higher cost. You’ve received Suboxone brand only before because the generic strips just came out a few weeks ago. So it’s only been coincidental that you’ve been getting name brand, and nothing to do with your doctor writing Suboxone on the Rx. I just got my refill 2 weeks ago, and I specifically asked for Suboxone brand, which cost me $100 more than had I settled for generic strips.

Fortunately, I have stockpiled several months worth of Suboxone so I can endure any hiccups with dosage strengths between brands. I’ve never been able to tell a difference with other meds before so doubt I will with buprenorphine. It’s not worth it to pay an extra $100 for Suboxone brand, but perhaps I will change my mind if I dislike the generic versions.

BlueLight
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Post by BlueLight » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:23 pm

Jess1208 wrote:I cannot find that post about suboxone films being discontinued. Nor can I find any information online stating that. Can someone please point me in the right direction? And yes amy my doctor writes for name brand. Where I go to, All the patients have specific prescriptions to what exactly they will get. Suboxone name brand or generic or tablets, all that stuff. And I’ve always had Suboxone name brand.

Just a little worried because I already wake up in withdrawals every single day on my dose and I have heard and talked to a lot of people who had bad experiences with different generics.
You mentioned your a chronic pain patient as well, but having withdrawal symptoms in the morning. Are you only taking your Suboxone once per day, or are you splitting your daily dosage into 3 or 4 times per day?

jacksh
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by jacksh » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:18 pm

I had a different experience with the yellow box generic version. After my first dose I developed nasty sores under my tongue and on my tongue. Very painful and took several days to go away. Next time I requested the brand name and no problem. So I guess I am allergic to something in them. And before I could tell my doctor about my experience he warned me about the generic form in the yellow box. So obviously I wasn't the only one having issues with them. I get the generic for $10 and have to pay $90 for the brand name. It was bad enough for me to spend an extra $80 bucks and I'm on SSDI.