Sandoz Generic Strips

Anything about buprenorphine that doesn't fit somewhere above, fit it here!
BlueLight
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Sandoz Generic Strips

Post by BlueLight » Wed May 01, 2019 10:04 am

Last month my insurance company finally caught up that generic buprenorphine strips were available. Given I had the pharmacy pre-order my Suboxone before I had my script I had requested Suboxone brand only. This ended up costing me an additional $100.

This month I decided to try generic. My pharmacy’s default generic for buprenorphine strips is the yellow box Alvogen. I told them, “no way” given all the bad reviews of both Dr. Reddys and the dreaded yellow boxes. But they could order the Sandoz, which I decided to try. (I would have tried the Mylan brand as well if Sandoz wasn’t available.)

The Sandoz generic is identical to Suboxone brand. Same everything except the ink used to print on the packaging. Identical in every way! They work perfectly.

Very happy with my decision.

pugmommy
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Re: Sandoz Generic Strips

Post by pugmommy » Wed May 01, 2019 9:40 pm

Thank you so much for this post BlueLight. I tried dr. Reddy and the yellow box, they were terrible so my pharmacy has ordered sandoz. From what I have read, it's the same company so it's the same product.
PUGS NOT DRUGS

jonathanm1978

Post by jonathanm1978 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:05 am

Same here (re: 1st post).
And my insurance caught on around the same time (Caremark - CVS). The price difference made me think twice about it, but I decided on a trial month and I'm glad I did. The packaging, boxes, and strip look almost identical to RB brand...even down to the taste. And I can't tell any difference in the performance.

It's been a long time coming...to be able to say that I'm actually saving some money on my sub...
Now if I could only use my insurance to pay for the office visit...but that is a long shot.
Adam Wayne P.
DOB: July 1, 1985
October 8, 2013

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

pugmommy
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Post by pugmommy » Sat May 11, 2019 10:29 pm

Right on Johnathan! I've spent so much on suboxone since the generics didn't agree with me. The Sandoz is just fine and is 80 a month instead of 220.
PUGS NOT DRUGS

Jess1208
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by Jess1208 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:12 am

pugmommy wrote:Thank you so much for this post BlueLight. I tried dr. Reddy and the yellow box, they were terrible so my pharmacy has ordered sandoz. From what I have read, it's the same company so it's the same product.

What do you mean exactly, when you say "they were terrible" ??? I've been taking the Dr. Reddy films, they seem ok to me. Trying not to think about it too much. Im on 4mg/day

Jess
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, Anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." -Unknown

pugmommy
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Post by pugmommy » Sun May 19, 2019 10:18 pm

It was if I was taking nothing at all. Didn't absorb. You won't have to think much about it, you'll know if it's working or not.
PUGS NOT DRUGS

BlueLight
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Post by BlueLight » Sun May 19, 2019 11:45 pm

I wouldn’t take Dr. Reddy’s strips because the are made in India. I just finished reading a book titled “Bottle of Lies” about the awful, dirty, unsafe, output of Indian pharmaceutical companies. There is no way I would take a medication daily from India. A pill as needed, maybe. But never anything like insulin, HBP meds, buprenorphine, or other daily regiment meds. The findings of this author are shocking IMO. The author was on NPR last week discussing it:

https://www.npr.org/templates/transcrip ... =723545864

pugmommy
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Post by pugmommy » Mon May 20, 2019 9:58 pm

That's correct BlueLight. Actually dr reddy has had many recent run ins with the fda, a few of their heart meds were under suspicion as well.
PUGS NOT DRUGS