Good News Possibly

Anything about buprenorphine that doesn't fit somewhere above, fit it here!
rule62

Good News Possibly

Post by rule62 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:34 pm

One of the concerns by me has been the lack of support online from Google's search engine. It seemed that since we moved this forum over to a different URL we just haven't been getting much traffic, especially new members signing up.

So today I decided to find out just where we stand when I Googled "Suboxone Forum". It came up as #2 on the first page! So then I tried Buprenorphine Forum and didn't see us for several pages. Then I tried Buprenorphine Support Forum and again it came up on the first page.

So why are we not flooded with new members? Is Suboxone use going down instead of up? Will this post even get more than 2 replies from members other than our own moderators? Why is it that our old members don't need us anymore or just can't find time to help newcomers questions?

I'm just venting here, not really complaining. This site helped me tremendously and all I want is for it to stay online for others to get off abusing opiates. Thanks to you all who are left for sticking with us and I really hope this forum stays for the long term.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously

docm2
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Re: Good News Possibly

Post by docm2 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:55 pm

Everybody I see for buprenorphine gets a sheet with three webs sites with a description. I show them on my screen. Several have said they have come here but only 2 have been able to identify me. One registered, with me now about 5 years. A real rock star, has been hosting a SMART meeting for about 5 months.
I tell them to come, get educated, get supported but... meh.
The three web sites? this one, Talk Zone and SubSux. Traffic is down at the latter as well.
Suboxone use is going up. Maybe it has become so main stream people feel they get enough at their clinics and whatever recovery they have set up.
I still am lurking :)

Lady87
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Lady87 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:52 pm

I am brand new to this forum and I am trying to figure out how this website works . I am obviously here for the support and searching for some answers But I have never really blogged or communicated with people over the internet besides email and Facebook, so I don’t really know if this is still active or not. So if anyone can reach out , I would be grateful :D

rule62

Post by rule62 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:51 pm

Welcome Lady87 to the forum!

If you have already looked at numerous posts then you know what this forum is about. We are a pro-medication assisted site whose sole purpose is to help give support to those getting off opiates and onto either buprenorphine or methadone to function again in society. If that is why you're here, you found the right place.

Post in the Introduction section and tell us a little about yourself. Most of us have the same basic story. Got hooked on pain pills or heroin and are using MAT to stay out of trouble. (medication assisted treatment)

Hope you find what you're looking for.

r62

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Sun May 03, 2020 9:21 am

Hello Lady welcome to the forum. I was like you when I first found this forum. I literally knew almost nothing about a forum. All I knew was this place had all the answers I was wanting to know and there’s a lot of ppl here like myself. I definitely didn’t know how to operate things very well. It’s something that you will get used to I promise. Anything you wanna search just type a word in the search function and it will bring up several posts pertaining to it. If there’s a post you’re passionate about or just want to give your two cents then hit reply and go for it. Most people like to introduce themselves on the Introduction section so we know a little more about you and your story..... you don’t have to just whatever you’re comfortable with.

Hope you stick around!
Jennifer

jonathanm1978
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by jonathanm1978 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:45 am

I think part of the thing is using phpbb versus vbulletin..this has a little more learning curve to it than vb does, and people are sometimes hesitant to join or click links inside a strange looking site.
For example .. IPB...it's a PHP 5 OOP utilizing a front controller system with an underlying registry to service database connections, incoming variables, viewing member data and caches.

Most of your forums are moving to IPB or VB. And with VB being quite expensive, IPB is the best choice.
But the coding for these older PHP boards just doesn't align with the newer stuff... and the integrations aren't there.
So Dr. J would have to choose things, like posts beyond a certain age, to get rid of..and that's where the life of this forum lies.

I can see the problem...but the solution ..it just easy so easy.

BTW..I'm still kicking!
Adam Wayne P.
DOB: July 1, 1985
October 8, 2013

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

docm2
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by docm2 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:20 am

Jonathan, that looks like English...
Same problem I have with my daughter that is immersed in a software bootcamp. Can't help with homework anymore :wink:
I'm grateful for folks like you that understand this business.
I do agree with you, the gold of this site is in the archives.

jonathanm1978
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by jonathanm1978 » Tue May 05, 2020 5:16 am

I assure you, it's mostly English..and I don't know as much as I would have hoped to have known about it...I went to the hardware side because software is so much harder. Coding is not my forte...but putting a computer together or diagnosing why it won't boot...I'm your guy. I've built several from the ground, up...and I love it.
Adam Wayne P.
DOB: July 1, 1985
October 8, 2013

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Dhalia31
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Dhalia31 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:53 am

hey rule,

I was surprised when I tried to access suboxforum on google and it didn't pop up on the first page when i searched for "suboxone forum". I searched "suboxone forum" on Bing and it shows up as the first search result along with a few of other Dr. Junig's web pages.

When I search in google "suboxforum" it immediately showed up on google. However, I have a feeling that the first time I searched on google for "suboxforum" today it didn't show up, which I thought was strange (i can't remember this happening 100% though). Now it shows up as a first entry on google. Perhaps it does so due to google's smart engine. Anyways, I had to find suboxoneforum by searching for one of Dr. Junig's other webpages and clicking on a link to get here.

I live abroad in Europe by the way. The decrease in activity must have something to do with the search engine results... I would imagine due to the quarantine more people having time to explore websites, and if anything unforunately more addiction so more people using this site as a resource.

Anyways, hope this feedback helps a little. Regards.

rule62

Post by rule62 » Thu May 28, 2020 1:08 pm

Thanks Dhalia for the information. There really isn't much we can do anyway. We are at the mercy of all internet search engines. It just seems odd that with so many people on MAT you'd think we'd be overrun with new members.

We'll just keep doing what we do here and hope the people that need support will find us eventually. My doctor has no desire to share this URL with any of his other patients even though I told him other doctors do and how much this site helped me.

Glad you found us again. Keep posting your status.