Why I'm angry towards Suboxone.

Why didn't you like medication-assisted treatment? Do you have to be abstinent to be in recovery? Why is the anti-Suboxone crowd so angry?
TeeJay
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Why I'm angry towards Suboxone.

Post by TeeJay » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:04 am

Because if I have to explain to one more person that the naloxone is NOT what blocks the effects of other opioids I will probably spontaneously combust.

Now we have people in my country choosing Sublocade over Buvidal (called Brixadi in the US) because it has the "extra blocker". Even though they are both only buprenorphine, and Sublocade has way more injection site reactions and takes much longer to reach steady state...

I blame Reckitt. Even when I stub my toe I blame Reckitt.

suboxdoc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why I'm angry towards Suboxone.

Post by suboxdoc » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:13 am

Ugh- I hear you Tee-Jay! Pharmacists in northern WI and in the UP refuse to carry plain buprenorphine because 'it doesn't have the blocker', so 'it doesn't have the ceiling effect and is more addictive.'

I used to try to explain it to pharmacists. Now I just do my best to avoid them!

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:48 am

The other day I heard someone who has been dealing with patients of suboxone for years and years and even more years say that naloxone is the blocker. I was stunned. If I know this isn’t true, it’s amazing to think others with 10x more experience than me with this medication doesn’t know this then what the heck is happening!
Jennifer

razor55

Post by razor55 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:31 pm

For Years, after learning the turth here, i could never break though to the staff at hospital. either they knew and didnt want the patients to know or they believed the old story. given the hold RB had and has in my state im going with the former, somewhat. I taught this to people in my old 7 year group. atleast many do know . but in the end it really does not matter anymore..rr