Time for another reduction

Does buprenorphine treat depression? Is my depression from Suboxone? Will Suboxone treat bipolar? Will naltrexone or Vivitrol make me depressed?
River9
One Month or More
One Month or More

Time for another reduction

Post by River9 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:22 pm

Greetings Comrades. It's time for another dose reduction. I've been on 3mg a day for about a month. I normally would not stay on a dose for one full month. I only stayed at 3mg because this past weekend had been planned for awhile back and I didn't want it ruined because I was detoxing. So the weekend has now come and gone. It was wonderful and I will forever cherish these memories. But now I need to get back to work on my taper. At this point I am no longer waking up in a pool of sweat. The fibromyalgia flare that I had a couple of weeks ago worked its self out with no dosage increase. The only thing that is dragging is my mood, but I have struggled with depression, anxiety, and bi-polar depression for most of my life so I really can't blame that on anything except my crazy brain. And as much as I wish it would, the fibromyalgia is not going to go away. So my goal the entire time has been to find the lowest effective dose and then stay there indefinitely. I would be happy with 2mg a day. Please wish me luck. Being on this forum and reading other people's stories really does make me feel so much better. I feel like I'm not all alone on this journey and that there are many others out there going through the same thing--and experiencing both failures and successes. I will post updates. Peace be with and God Bless.
I'm living proof that you don't have to hang from a tree to be a nut.

Amy-Work In Progress

Re: Time for another reduction

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:57 pm

You are correct. You are not even close to being alone! Everyone here has struggled for one reason or another.

I'm glad you had a good weekend with your family! I know you were anticipating that and waiting for the drop in dose. If you get too uncomfortable in a few days you can always pop back up to 2.5mg. No big reason to rush.

If 2mg is where you settle, that's awesome! At this point you know that you have the ability to make changes if you need to. It's a good sign that the night sweats are gone. Keep us in the loop!

Amy
Done is better than perfect!

River9
One Month or More
One Month or More

Re: Reduction -- Progress Report

Post by River9 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:29 pm

Hi everyone. Last Monday I reduced my dose from 3.0 mg per day to 2.5 mg per day. I have experienced one complication--a migraine. These migraines have plagued me for many years. In fact, they are what got me started on Vicodin 12 years ago. My pain issues began with migraines and then my fibromyalgia got worse, and then I developed arthritis in my spine, and before I knew it I was on a high daily dose of Oxy. Generally, my migraines last for days, and this one is no different. So I have not taken the lower dose every single day. There is no question, however, that my body has recognized the 0.5 mg difference. I am in a world of hurt today. It's nothing I cannot handle. It feels like typical fibromyalgia pain. My legs ache. My big toe on my right foot hurts. My back hurts. Also, I have also been waking up very depressed and anxious. Two months ago I began this process and I have been very successful thus far. If I can just get down to 2.0 mg. per day I think I will be content. The first few days of every reduction are really hard. But the feeling of accomplishment I get three weeks later makes it all worth it. And I maintain that if a couple of weeks go by and I am still feeling pain, I will return to the 3.0 mg and stay there indefinitely. :)
I'm living proof that you don't have to hang from a tree to be a nut.