anyone ever experience vivid emotional dreams while on subox

Does buprenorphine treat depression? Is my depression from Suboxone? Will Suboxone treat bipolar? Will naltrexone or Vivitrol make me depressed?
OUTERSPACE
Average Poster
Average Poster

anyone ever experience vivid emotional dreams while on subox

Post by OUTERSPACE » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:18 pm

know it sounds like a weird question.ever since i went on subs,myself and not thru a dr.,i have these almost real,vivid like dreams usually fiiled with such emotion i awake crying.just happened to me a few minutes ago.my gf broke up with me in june.after 8yrs of ups and downs we were,i thought anyhow,doing good.then out of the blue it was goodbye and that was it.i get a txt from her today saying hello.been on my head all day which i don't like bc when i get things like that piled onto me more the more subs i take.

i fell asleep about an hour ago with nothing but her on my mind.i could hear myself crying and jumped out of bed covered in tears.even before we broke up she would say this happened but she didn't know i was on suboxone then.i hate feling like this.this is one of the reasons why i hope i can find the right dr to help me get a valid precription bc when i take just 1/4 of one my mood is so serene.idk if i'm going insane or my anxiety issues are flaring up again or what to think.all i know is at 45 i can't be like this anymore.waking up at all hrs of the night crying and sweating and talking jibberish in my sleep.my heart is so full of pain,maybe when i sleep it acts as a release valve...?

anyone with similar issues as far as the dreams or the crying,not neccesarily the same situation but just the dreams?

MovieMaker1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by MovieMaker1 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:20 am

Yes! I have many vivid dreams every night. Some good. Some bad. And some I can't remember but know they happened because I am terrified upon awakening. This is a weird side effect for me. But I learn how to handle some things through these dreams. You just have to look at them as symbols or learning experiences and not as nightmares I guess. But. Yes. Incredibly vivid most of the time, and dreams multiple times ever night!!!

wisharer
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

dreams

Post by wisharer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:43 pm

my husband when starting sub in feb 2011 had very vivid dreaming. waking up talking about the recent "dream" event. i had dreams but nothing compared to his experience. now the dreaming is not as vivid and not waking up as much. there is one thing i do still see him do and thats sleep sitting up on the side of the bed?

god_from_the_snake
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by god_from_the_snake » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:52 pm

I had/have vivid dreams not while on sub but when it has been a few days since I have taking sub. for instance a day or two has gone by a few times in between refills..
Opportunity may only knock once but temptation leans on the doorbell...

Snake

Roadsend
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by Roadsend » Mon May 06, 2013 12:52 pm

Not so much at the beggining of taking subs but after about 6 months of being on it my dreams became very vivid, some to the point of actually waking up shaking and having to get out of bed and go get a cigarette.
I hate this about subs. most of these are not pleasant dream, they are the ones that you dont want to dream.
and what is REALLY STRANGE is that there are certain people that are in all of them???
This is NOT normal at all! I had never had any dreams like the ones i have being on suboxone,
Ps, i think higher doses of subs make it worse?

MaguiGizmo
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by MaguiGizmo » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:13 pm

Almost every night I have very intense vivid dreams that are usually varied but very real feeling. There had been a couple times when I wake up and just before my brain snaps to I heard myself whimpering and crying but for the life of me couldn't remember the dream. I also have many times where I sleep sitting up and it used to freak my ex g/f out when I did it.

So yeah bup. definitely causes some odd side effects in the dreaming department.

Thegreatestislove
Super Poster
Super Poster

I had them off and on!

Post by Thegreatestislove » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:35 pm

I had vivid dreams and woke crying a few times while on subs. I also found that the suboxone caused anxiety to run on high for me. I am 26 days off of subs and have trouble sleeping at all now, but that is to be expected. I think you are having some anxiety from the subs coupled up with your heartache and it is driving you to feel so over-whelmed. I am so sorry and I hope you feel better with some time. Relationships can be hard I know and break ups on top of feeling side effects can be horrible I have been there. I found that I did much better when my dose was around 6 mg. The anxiety was not as bad and the depressant effects were not as bad. It sounds like you are dealing with depression on top of depression right now. I can tell you honestly from experience that a break up and heartache does get better as time passes. It just takes time to get over the loss of someone we love. My heart goes out to you. Now,when my anxiety from being in withdrawals from the subs should be running on High it has actually improved.

Eveleivibe
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Re: anyone ever experience vivid emotional dreams while on s

Post by Eveleivibe » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:09 am

So very sorry for what you're going through. You seem in deep pain n you shouldn't have to endure that. I'm deeply sorry that your ex ended your relationship. It seems that you haven't worked through issues concerning that.
You take it easy ok n be good to yourself
Evey x
Ignorance may bliss but knowledge is power.

Don't one day, SAY TODAY!
There is always a solution to the problem

Ashlee
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Post by Ashlee » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:44 am

I know this thread is old, but I, too have VERY vivid dreams. What's weird about this though is that I remember ALL of them. People from my past are always in them. When I say people from my past, I mean people that I was associated with while I was in active addiction. I also still have dreams about my old drug of choice... But I'm my dreams, it won't let me take them, or I haven't to go through many obstacles just to get them in my hands. When I do get them in the dream, the pills are black & red colored, which is also weird. Now I don't know if I'm looking for an explanation, or if others out there are experiencing the same thing as I. & Sometimes, I feel like I can control my dreams. Again, weird. Does anyone else here experience the same thing?

Ash
I may not have all what I want, but thank GOD I know how that I have all that I need.

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:24 am

Ashlee, I’ve heard of ppl having lucid dreams. I think that’s what it’s called..... it’s something like actually being able to control what u can do in ur dreams. This is so weird but this was actually a topic in one of my meetings when I first entered recovery 6 years ago. I think I remember it so well because I’d never heard of ppl able to control their dreams. I definitely can’t lol so I can’t speak from experience, but there was a guy in my meetings who claimed that he could. Our counselor at the time was trying to teach us how to do it but I’m convinced that it’s just a chosen few with this ability & not teachable (but what do I know). He said u could for instance, see a balloon in ur dream and choose to pop it or grab it, being able to just control what u do with it.

The topic came up in group because someone else was having these dreams like ur describing, so don’t feel alone. I’ve had plenty of these dreams in the past, especially in jail & rehab. I remember one specifically, I’d be running after an oxycodone that I’d found but couldn’t ever get it in my hands. I kept dropping it and I also remember that when I did get it in my hand, my arm wouldn’t move it to where I wanted it to go, very strange things. If I remember right, the oxycodone never looked like oxycodone but somehow I knew what it was. I would also have dreams about smoking crack (which I only did a handful of times in my addiction) and never being able to inhale it. Things like that were what my dreams were like.

I noticed that the only time that I’d ever have one of those dreams were when I was either newly in recovery and still craving like crazy or when I’d have using on my mind. I haven’t had any of those dreams in years. It’s pretty common imo because it was a discussion in rehab and we’ve had the discussion in groups at my clinic because ppl are complaining about it. Those dreams aren’t fun at all but please know u aren’t alone. I don’t know why we have them at certain times, maybe someone else can answer that.
Jennifer

Ashlee
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Post by Ashlee » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:59 am

Jenn,

I'm sure there's a bunch of people out there that have lucid/controllable dreams. I mean I don't have the "drug dreams" a whole lot anymore, but I still do have dreams about certain situations from the past. Now that I've been sober for over a year, I notice the feelings that I'm having are things that I've never felt before because I've been anesthesized for the past ten + years. For example, when my cycle comes around, I feel depressed & just outright sad. I didn't think that this was normal until my husband & I sat down & talked about it. It makes perfect sense to me now. Everything now makes so much sense & I've never loved life the way that I do now :)

Ash
I may not have all what I want, but thank GOD I know how that I have all that I need.

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:08 pm

Oh gosh, every month I become impossible to live with. I’m either so hateful to everyone or I’m so sad that I don’t want to do anything. It’s always about a week and a half before my period. I think it’s very normal but I do believe some women have pms a lot worse than others and unfortunately I’m definitely one of the unlucky ones lol. The second I start, I can literally feel that awful mood lift off of me. It’s crazy but that’s how it has been for me for a long time.
Jennifer

Ashlee
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Post by Ashlee » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:35 am

Jenn,

Holy smokes!! I thought that I was the only one!!!! A week & a half before I start I'm a MONSTER! Hell, my own husband tells me that he's gonna throw me in our bedroom & lock me for a few days... Then throw chocolate under the door & yell to everyone else that "Satan has been fed, we're in the clear!!!" Hahahaha!

But on a serious note, I don't consume birth control. Never have, never will. I heard that it helps relieve ones' female PMS issues, but I'd never take it. Plus, I think within the next year or maybe even less, Sal & I are gonna start trying to concieve an offspring. We will see though, the thought of having a baby is quite scary to me. Like I feel that I haven't lived my life enough yet, if at all. I'm not ready to give my life up yet. He wants one so bad, I mean I do too but we don't have that kind of money now. How miserable would that kind of life be?? If we were to have one sooner than later, it would SUCK. Hahaha I'm ranting like a madman! Sorry about all that!

Ash

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:18 pm

My best advice about having a baby is..... if u aren’t ready yet then by all means wait a couple or few more years. I don’t think anyone is ever truly ready 100% because of all the unknowns but financially it’s a great idea to wait until ur more prepared. Ur also still so young, u have plenty of time so don’t rush. I had my first child younger (21) and I definitely should have waited until I was ready to give up most of my time because babies take alllllllll ur time :) So I don’t think there’s anything wrong with waiting for as long as u need to. But regardless, whenever u do decide to, you’ll love being a mother just the same. Just don’t rush.

My pms is so bad that I sometimes cannot stand my own self! I literally get on my own nerves. That sounds ridiculous but it gets awful at times. I truly think I’d benefit from some kind of medication. I think there’s some out there for this issue and I sure wish I had it :) it isn’t all the time but mostly a week before I start. I’m looking forward to having them disappear during menopause.
Jennifer

Ashlee
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Post by Ashlee » Thu May 03, 2018 12:53 pm

Oh my gosh Jenn I'm going through it right now! :(

I literally can't stand myself either! I started Wellbutrin last Friday, to help me quit smoking & for depression. Some people have told me that it really works & help with depression. I also started counseling. I had my first session this past Monday, & I'm hoping that it goes good.

Ash

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Fri May 04, 2018 12:09 pm

I’ve definitely heard that Wellbutrin helps ppl stop smoking. Let me know how it goes on helping with the smoking because that’s pretty interesting to me. Prior to my active addiction, I was on an antidepressant for 10 years. I stopped just a few months into active addiction because I didn’t want to pay the copay (all my cash bk then went to pills and not an antidepressant). I’ve really been wondering if I need to possibly go bk on something for the anxiety I always have. Anxiety is why I was on Paxil for 10 years so it wouldn’t be crazy to think I would still need something for anxiety. Who knows, maybe Wellbutrin would help with that and the smoking. Keep me updated please :)
Jennifer

Ashlee
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Post by Ashlee » Fri May 04, 2018 3:53 pm

Hey Jenn,

So it's only been a week since I've started taking the Wellbutrin, & I guess it needs some time to build up in my system. As for smoking, it's soooo hard to quit on my own, even my husband wants to stop!

Ash

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Sat May 05, 2018 11:23 am

Hey Ashlee!

If Wellbutrin is anything like other antidepressants then I’m assuming it does need a little time to really get in there and being able to notice it. That’s how Paxil was and my fiancé takes Celexa and I know that’s how it was with him too. So yeah, it may take a little bit. I remember years ago someone I knew had been prescribed Wellbutrin just to stop smoking (at least that’s what they said, who knows). Gosh that’s been over 15 years ago but that’s the first time I’d ever heard of the medicine before.

I can’t hardly stop smoking either, it’s difficult. I was able to stop smoking throughout each of my pregnancies only because the taste and smell made me extremely sick. That was such a blessing. I wish it’d start making me sick again lol then it would be so much easier to stop. It’s unhealthy, it’s expensive and I often wonder why us humans ever come up with the invention of smoking! I’d like to go bk in time, find the culprit and smack him/her :)
Jennifer

Ashlee
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Post by Ashlee » Sun May 06, 2018 11:57 am

Jenn,

So it makes it that much harder to stop smoking for me because of the buprenorphine. The partial opioid in it triggers me to smoke, and without it, I don't think I'd ever smoke again. But, of course, this medication saved my life so I'm grateful. I can't wait for the Wellbutrin to build up enough to help me quit smoking. I'm tired of waking up everyday coughing! It really does make you wonder why the human race even made tobacco products. I've cut down on my smoking alot, sometimes my husband & I will just smoke hookah, which is the best! It makes your whole house smell so good! An entire head of hookah is the equivalent of a pack of cigarettes, but what people fail to realize is the black tar in cigarettes is what kills us. Hookah doesn't have black tar, it's just tobacco mixed with fruit. You oughta try it sometime! I think you'd like it!

Ash

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Sun May 06, 2018 1:01 pm

Ashlee:)

My 19 year old does the vapor thing. He’s always had horrible anxiety and unfortunately slipped and started smoking a couple of years ago. A year ago he switched to the vapor things. Last month he actually paid $250 dollars for a whole kit of something lol. It’s the digital kind that actually counts the puffs and it can be adjusted to what watt you want it on. He only uses the flavor juice, like strawberry parfait or blueberry cheesecake lol stuff like that. When he’s around the house smells wonderful, so I totally understand what you’re talking about. I’ve never tried it but I see how it worked for him and I’ve wanted to give it a go. I bet it would have to work a little bit.

There’s a thread somewhere Ashlee, maybe in the miscellaneous section, about stopping smoking. You should look for it. I remember someone mentioning the vapor. But I’ll bet and hope that the Wellbutrin will help because I heard a long time ago it does help. The person who I knew took the Wellbutrin to stop smoking wasn’t an addict though.
Jennifer