Kratom Therapy??

Some people use Smart Recovery. Some use phone apps. There are a number of recovery programs besides 'the steps;' share your experiences here.
docm2
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Re: Kratom Therapy??

Post by docm2 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:04 pm

https://www.mdedge.com/psychiatry/artic ... s%20expand
tried to download a PDF but would not imbed. Here is a link to an article.
Rob, I wonder if your previous experience with Suboxone allowed you to transition back from Kratom. I am 1 for 4 in trying to get people induced. The one successful transition had been on Suboxone relatively recently and methadone years ago. It may have to do with the stimulation and affinity for other receptors that makes the transition difficult.
I don't see it as a 'miracle' herb, another natural substance that may have uses but certainly can have a downside as well.
As a botanical it can carry herbicides, pesticides, heavy metals as well as bacterial/fungal contaminants. Buyer beware.

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:58 am

Docm2 thank you so much for that link! I am going to print that article out because I’ve been seeing the use of kratom a lot just the last couple of weeks alone. Let me ask you a question docm2, do you have any idea what would show up in a urinalysis with kratom? I have a patient that keeps having a false positive for fentanyl. The only thing she’s using is kratom other than her buprenorphine. That just shows up on her regular quick urine test..... I think the lab sends that off for a more detailed report and it has showed the last 2 weeks that even though she tested positive for fentanyl, in the main test it showed she hadn’t done any so we’re thinking that the kratom produced the false positive?? I don’t know and as you can tell I don’t know a lot about urine screens either so I just wanted to ask. It’s becoming more and more frequent in my area.
Jennifer

docm2
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by docm2 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:14 pm

My understanding Kratom has to be tested separately. We have ordered a custom cup to include it and Fentanyl since both are of rising concern here. I am not aware that anything would be false + due to Kratom. Since Fentanyl is a synthetic I'm not aware what could be causing it.
I have a word doc with a list of interfering substances but will not attach.
I'll try to send it via PM.