Miracle drug! 7 years beyond

If you tapered off Suboxone or stopped cold-turkey, how are you now? How did buprenorphine compare to other addiction treatments for you?
Patiamplius
Average Poster
Average Poster

Miracle drug! 7 years beyond

Post by Patiamplius » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:58 pm

Good afternoon fellow travellers,

7 years now since I made the jump from a 10 year Buprenorphine maintenance program.

What a transformation - Bupe gave me 10 years to re-evalute, renew and essentially rebuild myself whilst my drug addictions were put on hold.

From the age of 14 I was dabbling with your standard list of illegal narcotics, by 16 I was functioning dependant, by 17 I was living on the streets committing crime to feed my addiction.. not going to glorify this in any way - I was on a one way road to self destruction. Any glimpse of pleasure was artificial and self depreciating. The more I eroded my authentic self, the more I relied on the eroding artificial inputs. The push of a button, at the junction of my arm; all that mattered to me - my corrupt salvation. The vicious cycle that tears us apart, unloved and unworthy.. one day you wake up in a cell filled with rage, determined to burn the world and yourself with it! Oh that fire that burns, it will destroy all in its path until there is nothing but ashes that remain! ..

Enter Buprenorphine! No longer needing to service the need which consumed me 24/7, I was able to focus on the rest of my life. 10 years of working on myself and I was ready to drop my crutches and learn to walk again. It took 2 years to be confident on my feet, but now I walk
steady like I never could before. Hey it was hard work - but nothing worthwhile is easy, right?

Anyway, for me it’s all a distant memory now. Have faith my friends, even the most broken can find a light at the end of the tunnel, just believe in yourself and know that as long as you are living - it can all be undone and you can be healed.

-Pati

rule62

Re: Miracle drug! 7 years beyond

Post by rule62 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:54 pm

Congratulations Pati. And thanks for coming back to post your progress. Keep on the good path!
Don't take yourself so damn seriously