Reddit suboxone replacement therapy

Unmoderated debate about buprenorphine, recovery, treatment approaches, addiction... But keep it clean!
jeffg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Reddit suboxone replacement therapy

Post by jeffg » Fri May 15, 2020 4:51 am

Hate to say it but time has grown over this forum but if anyone is looking for more input/output then the suboxone reddit have something to offer.

rule62

Re: Reddit suboxone replacement therapy

Post by rule62 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:52 pm

That may be true but we will not go down and out if it can be helped. We've had a few theories of why this forum doesn't get many new members but nothing concrete. All the other recovery forums have a low membership rate too. Some stopped adding new posts. (Addiction Survivors)

Before joining this forum I belonged to several other ones in the past and they always seem to close. Then off to find a new one. Thanks to Dr. Junig this forum has stayed the longest so far. So no, it's not easy to just let it go. We're not sure what to do to get more attention so we'll just wait and see.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously

jonathanm1978
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by jonathanm1978 » Sat May 16, 2020 5:01 am

I took a couple years off but always seem to come back here and still check in nearly daily. So while there isn't new membership, there is membership that may not post but still frequents the forum.
Adam Wayne P.
DOB: July 1, 1985
October 8, 2013

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

rule62

Post by rule62 » Sat May 16, 2020 10:56 am

Thanks for sticking with us Jonathanm. I also check below to see how many guests we have lurking at the time. Sometimes a lot, sometimes a little.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously

Mrgooger99
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by Mrgooger99 » Sat May 16, 2020 8:50 pm

I came here scared, worried, and just starting my Suboxone treatment back in....2014. This site was a lifesaver and gave me such comfort moving forward.

Here's my humble theory. Suboxone works. I've been on it for 6 years now, and life is just...normal. Good and bad, and whatever. I haven't missed a day on it, I've never gone back to Oxy or any other opioids.

I probably check in here once or twice a year out of gratitude, and try and post something.

Dr Jung wrote something 10+ years ago about how sometimes all the negative behaviour associated with addiction to opioids disappeared once they were on Subs, well that feels like me.

I think a ton of folks who never had addiction issues got into'd to Oxy's via surgeries, dental surgery, pain Dr's, got addicted fast and hard, and then I think and hope many were saved by Subs.

I know my sub Dr said when the Oxy supply got tight some folks moved on to heroin injection, fentanyl use and other drugs which has made it harder to treat folks.

The other point is that no one knew anything about opioid addiction, or treatment back then. You couldn't tell a soul what you were going through. I chuckled a bit when I saw there was a Reddit sub group...lol can you imagine posting on there 5-10 years ago - no way.

Take care all and thank you to this site for everything it's done for me.

XO