Lyrica

Do you take buprenorphine but still use heroin? Why do I have to stop THC to take Suboxone? Is cocaine really a problem for me?
Ryan Ryan Ryan
Power Poster
Power Poster

Lyrica

Post by Ryan Ryan Ryan » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:01 am

I can't seem to get off this round-about! Days without Lyrica have no meaning. I try to read a really good magazine but then turn to my brother for Lyrica so I can enjoy reading the articles.
How long will it take for me to feel normal again if I stop taking it?
It makes me feel amazing and alive, when I take 1200 mg to 2400mg. During my brother's funeral, I took it for 5 days straight and made a Fool out of myself when we went out for dinner. I took about 40 during 5 days and the come-down was absolutely terrible. It felt like I had to die, that it was time for me to leave as well. I just see no meaning in life unless it involves taking lyrica. How the hell do I stop taking the one thing that makes me destructive with my relationships but very happy? I love watching horror films while high and gaming as well. Without Lyrica, I just don't enjoy those things at all......
How do I stop?

suboxdoc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lyrica

Post by suboxdoc » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:16 pm

Hi Ryan,

Your description of the effects of Lyrica aren't typical. If there are others out there who have had similar experiences, correct me - but the medication doesn't create euphoria in most people. I'm not sure what the other things you described represent - for example feeling that things are more real when you take that medication. There are psychiatric conditions that give a sense of reality or lack thereof. But your experiences sound more like drug effects than psychiatric symptoms.

You should get connected with a healthcare provider who you trust, who takes you seriously and cares about your issues. You really need to be grounded by someone on the outside of your subjec tive world. The 'fix' is likely to require that you 'detox' from all psychotropic substances.

If you do that for a few months, I guarantee that you will have a better perspective on things. You'll see that you were having distorted thoughts for a number of months. More important, you'll realize that the 'reality' you thought you were experiencing was all a mirage.

It is hard to explain, but I've been there and I know. Let that stuff go for at least a few months, and things will be clearer.

Ryan Ryan Ryan
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ryan Ryan Ryan » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:45 am

It makes me feel like its Christmas day every day I take it. It does give me a massive europhic high that lasts for a day BUT coming down gives me massive suicidal thoughts and I have destroyed so many relationships as I become boisterous and say my thoughts when I wouldn't if I was sober.

I remember a time when I stopped taking it for a month and in the third week, I found joy and motivation again in my hobbies and work.

You are right. I'm gonna stop taking it as from now and I swear it on my brother's grave. He had lots of lyrica and opiates and amphetamines in his system. I will get sober for my mother's sake and my father's. It will destroy them if I die too.

I will put up with the musical sounds I get when I sober up and the lack of joy and motivation. I will only have to tolerate it for 3 weeks and then I can enter 2020 a new me.

It's time for me to claw up from rock bottom. Thank-you so much and yes, I do understand you.🤗

quote=suboxdoc post_id=129292 time=1574997396 user_id=2]
Hi Ryan,

Your description of the effects of Lyrica aren't typical. If there are others out there who have had similar experiences, correct me - but the medication doesn't create euphoria in most people. I'm not sure what the other things you described represent - for example feeling that things are more real when you take that medication. There are psychiatric conditions that give a sense of reality or lack thereof. But your experiences sound more like drug effects than psychiatric symptoms.

You should get connected with a healthcare provider who you trust, who takes you seriously and cares about your issues. You really need to be grounded by someone on the outside of your subjec tive world. The 'fix' is likely to require that you 'detox' from all psychotropic substances.

If you do that for a few months, I guarantee that you will have a better perspective on things. You'll see that you were having distorted thoughts for a number of months. More important, you'll realize that the 'reality' you thought you were experiencing was all a mirage.

It is hard to explain, but I've been there and I know. Let that stuff go for at least a few months, and things will be clearer.
[/quote]

suboxdoc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by suboxdoc » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:41 pm

I'm convinced that any joy that comes from a pill is only borrowing happiness from the future. Good luck - we're rooting for you!

Amy-Work In Progress

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:52 pm

How is it going Ryan?

It would be great if you would check in and tell us how you're doing.

Amy
Done is better than perfect!

Ryan Ryan Ryan
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ryan Ryan Ryan » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:29 pm

Hi Amy,

Everything's going great and I've been staying away from Lyrica. I don't even get cravings for it anymore.

TeeJay
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by TeeJay » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:49 am

Yeah it's definitely a drug of abuse.

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:09 pm

I abused Lyrica a few times in my active addiction. I didn’t necessarily like the feeling it gave me though, I just took it if I couldn’t find anything else and it was around. It stopped the withdrawal so that was the attraction I had to it. I always describe the buzz from Lyrica as a pill that made you feel like you’d drank a few too many beers. It wasn’t anything I enjoyed really but bk then I’d do anything to stop withdrawal. It’s definitely abusable though.... for me it was but it didn’t make me feel like a hundred bucks or anything, not at all.

I’m so happy that you’re doing better Ryan, I know it’s tough but you’re doing it!!!
Jennifer