State Databases and the 4th Amendment/HIPPA violations

Will buprenorphine show up in drug tests? Can nurses take Suboxone? Can I do drug court on methadone or buprenorphine? My PO says NO medication-assisted treatments.
River9
One Month or More
One Month or More

State Databases and the 4th Amendment/HIPPA violations

Post by River9 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:30 pm

I live in California. Here, we have the CURES database. I have known about this database for years now, but only recently has it had any impact on my personal situation. The DEA is bullying my doctor. Up until maybe three months ago he kept records the old-fashioned way. All written. My last two visits, however, he has spent 10 of the 15 minutes I am alloted for my visit staring at a computer screen. I am not an idiot. He is checking my CURES record. I have taken benzos for many, many years. I do not want to come off of them but I have no choice. I have to choose whether I want to live my life in full-on panic every day, or live it in pain. I am choosing the no pain option. He has given me a one-year taper-off-benzos plan--which is very generous of him and I am very lucky that he is being so kind. Many people are not as lucky as I am. I do not understand how theses databases are legal. What happened to the 4th Amendment? For those who are not familiar with the U.S. Constitution, that's the amendment that is supposed to protect citizens from illegal search and seizure FROM OUR GOVERNMENT without probable cause. I am not a lawyer, but simply being a physician who is licensed to write prescriptions for controlled medication is NOT probable cause. Furthermore, what about the HIPPA laws? Same thing. Our government is running amuck and It's going to take a class-action lawsuit against the government (not our doctors) to reign them in. Like I said, I am not a lawyer. But I know a thing or two about law.This is a large forum. Surely there are lawyers on here that can explain how this is happening. I am just not seeing it. :?: :?: :?:
I'm living proof that you don't have to hang from a tree to be a nut.

Amy-Work In Progress

Re: State Databases and the 4th Amendment/HIPPA violations

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:57 pm

I don't know if this is helpful or not, River9, but here is a link to an article on this subject:

https://www.privacyrights.org/consumer- ... acy-series

Amy
Done is better than perfect!