Weaponizing Your Health Info

Will buprenorphine show up in drug tests? Can nurses take Suboxone? Can I do drug court on methadone or buprenorphine? My PO says NO medication-assisted treatments.
BlueLight
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Weaponizing Your Health Info

Post by BlueLight » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:39 pm

This article at Politico is pretty scary. Data firms are now vacuuming up health data for opiate “predictor scores”. I suffer with chronic pain and addiction issues. As if this is yet more nonsense we don’t need.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/ ... se-1139978

Lillyval
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Re: Weaponizing Your Health Info

Post by Lillyval » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:09 pm

Everyone needs to carefully read this article. The repercussions for anyone, and especially for those of us on MAT, are potentially devastating. And the “algorithms” they are using to create your score (which they are ALREADY selling) have no scientific basis. They are literally including data on your family, roommates, what pharmacy you use and other unreliable factors.

rule62

Re: Weaponizing Your Health Info

Post by rule62 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:23 pm

Scary stuff if true. Doesn't the HIPPA laws protect the consumer from companies accessing their health information? How could Lexis Nexis get insurance claim info w/o violating the law?

If they have found a way around it then this is not good. We would need to call our politicians and complain in large numbers to get more strict language in the law books.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously