It stopped working!

Does buprenorphine or methadone treat chronic pain? How to treat pain on Suboxone? Is Suboxone an opiate? Does buprenorphine treat oxycodone addiction? Heroin addiction? Cocaine addiction?
River9
One Month or More
One Month or More

It stopped working!

Post by River9 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:54 pm

Hi everyone. I hope this post finds everyone safe and healthy. Who would have ever in a million years thought something like Covid 19 would be happening? Definitely not me. I originally went into detail about what is going on with my issue, but after reading some comments that I had not yet seen, I decided to do a "do-over." So here's the thing. My current dose of 4mg stopped working. I don't know why or what to do. So, I'm just gonna stay on 4mg and add in Cymbalta. We'll see what happens. I don't spend much time on this forum so I just want to tell everyone to be well. Use this weird time to do some things that you would not have had the opportunity to do otherwise. God Bless.
I'm living proof that you don't have to hang from a tree to be a nut.

docm2
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Re: It stopped working!

Post by docm2 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:05 pm

Hello River,
Cymbalta can help if depression or neuropathic pain is part of what you are dealing with.
I don't think you had a specific question but regarding 'stopped working' more information would be helpful. Not working for pain, cravings, blocking withdrawal or something else?

River9
One Month or More
One Month or More

Post by River9 » Fri May 22, 2020 6:21 pm

@docm2 It stopped working for pain and my treatment-resistant depression. I saw something on this forum yesterday about the DEA taking issue with doctors who prescribe it for pain and it spooked me. I wouldn't want my doctor to get in trouble. It definitely was a game changer for me until it stopped working. I was down to 2mg in December. I wasn't at that dose for very long. I was at 3mg for quite a while, but when I started waking up in pain and having a hard time getting out of bed everyday, I gradually increased it to 4mg. I'm just not willing to increase it any further. I started the Cymbalta Wednesday. It made me really nauseous so my doctor told me to break the capsule and pour out half of it and gradually built up to the full dose. Time will tell....... :|
I'm living proof that you don't have to hang from a tree to be a nut.

rule62

Post by rule62 » Sat May 23, 2020 7:12 pm

It may not work with you but for me the smaller doses work better. I take 1mg daily. On a painful day I'll take it up to 2mg and that really gets rid of it. I think it's because my tolerance goes down and the slight upping increases its efficacy. Back when I was taking 8-16mgs it didn't seem to help with pain. That may all be in my head but hey, it works. See if it'll work for you. And thanks for clarifying what wasn't working.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously