Question

Questions I've received about buprenorphine, Suboxone, Zubsolv, and addiction treatments... and my answers.
piamai11
New Poster
New Poster

Question

Post by piamai11 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:30 am

Hi, I just had a question I been on subs for a while I recently decided to stop. i started to taper the last two months and before today I was 6 days with nothing. I took a piece because withdrawal systoms were at the peak! Im asking if i continue to go days without and when it gets bad take a little piece is it like starting at day one or is it a effective way of tapering off? I thank you for your time........ :D

rule62

Re: Question

Post by rule62 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:40 pm

No, you wouldn't really be starting over completely. It will set you back a bit though. Many have done what you are doing and succeeded in getting of the buprenorphine. Taper nice and slow with longer breaks in between small doses.

The most important question you have to ask yourself is if you are truly ready to stay clean w/o the help? Too many addicts weren't ready and just wanted off the medication without having a solid foundation for recovery. They slip and sometimes can't find sobriety again.

Remember, there is no hurry to get off the med that saves lives. We'll support you one way or another.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously

piamai11
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Question

Post by piamai11 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:48 am

Thank you I appreciate the quick response. I understand what you are saying and I am ready I cut out all the people i ran with years ago at this point I wouldn't know where to find anything and will keep it that way!!! I have a six year old son and he is all the motivation I need!! Again I thank you for your time!