I know It’s Unseemly To Brag...

Everything else. Who is your favorite band or music video? See a great movie lately?
skayda
Super Poster
Super Poster

I know It’s Unseemly To Brag...

Post by skayda » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:13 am

But, honestly, I don’t really care! I’m so happy and excited right now that I don’t care if it’s bad manners to brag. I just have to share! My new boss called me this morning to let me know that I won July’s “Caregiver of the Month” award for the home care nursing agency I’ve been working for since January.

The company has branches all over the United States and the award is recognized company-wide! It means my picture in our local branch’s newsletter, my picture on the company website and a $100 visa gift card.

For those who wonder where I went after my previous posts about the creepiness going on at work; the reason I disappeared for awhile was I was in the process of quitting that one job and getting another.

Now, as I mentioned, I’ve been with this new company since January and I’ve been enjoying every minute of it there. I love being able to pick and choose my hours and clients and only having to take care of one person at a time. I love that hard work is recognized.

I started with them in January and since my first day I’ve only been late maybe twice, I’ve never called in sick, (thank goodness for a good immune system am I right?), though, there have been several times I’ve worked 12 hour back to back doubles because someone decided last minute that they couldn’t be bothered with showing up or decided that 3 hours before shift was plenty of time to call in sick. I really try my best to help out the staff in charge of scheduling because damn! They definitely don’t have an easy time of it!

But, I digress; I’m doing well and I am very excited about being recognised by my job for all my hard work there.

~Ami

My sweet girls; Hermione & Ginny. My little adopted fur-babies since summer 2013! ^__^

rule62

Re: I know It’s Unseemly To Brag...

Post by rule62 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:52 pm

Very good post Ami and congratulations! The extra money is nice but we all know it's the recognition that really makes us feel grateful.

Thanks for posting and go right ahead and brag!
Don't take yourself so damn seriously

skayda
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by skayda » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:34 am

Aaaww thank you! I just got the newsletter in my email with my picture for the CoTM section and cropped it out and saved it. I think it turned out pretty good. I’m just glad my eyes are both facing in the same direction lol. Yeah, it’s true; money helps pay the bills and stuff but being recognized for hard work is really important, too. It makes you feel like you’re getting somewhere and reinforces the feeling that you’re doing well.

Anyway, I thought I would share my pic with ya’ll. I didn’t wear my company’s color on purpose but it definitely didn’t hurt. I just wore my favorite blouse. Haha. :)
A1ACDDCB-FDC8-4536-BA87-1D0E17851A77.jpeg
A1ACDDCB-FDC8-4536-BA87-1D0E17851A77.jpeg (28.67 KiB) Viewed 678 times

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:23 am

Amazing! I know it makes you feel so good to be recognized as such a good employee! That’s what all of us want from our boss or company, just a little recognition that our hard work isn’t going unnoticed........ and the gift card is a major bonus too :)

So happy for things getting better for you!
Good luck and thank goodness you got away from the creepy guy.
Jennifer