Hey Everyone, Happy to Be Here

Share something about yourself, where you live, and what you like to do. Save your addiction story for that section.
saintlogan
New Poster
New Poster

Hey Everyone, Happy to Be Here

Post by saintlogan » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:25 am

I used to come this forum six years ago when I was struggling deeply with a heroin addiction and trying to switch to subs. I am glad to see it is still here, but sad to see that the amount of traffic has decreased. This forum is an incredible resource. If it were to go away, a great treasure will have been lost.

I am down to 1mg of subboxone a day and plan to keep (very, very slowly) tapering down. I know I can do it because of the successful stories I have read here. Thanks for having me, everyone.

rule62

Re: Hey Everyone, Happy to Be Here

Post by rule62 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:35 pm

Welcome back! Yea, the traffic is lower and we're not sure why. Maybe because buprenorphine is more widespread and people don't want or need any feedback like they used to. We'll keep the lights on and hope for the best.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously

saintlogan
New Poster
New Poster

Post by saintlogan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:36 pm

When I went to find this forum again, I entered "suboxone forum" into the search engine. I had to look through 3 or 4 google pages before I found it. It used to pop right up. I have found that many of my favorite forums, especially drug/harm reduction related, don't show up in google searches like they used to. Instead there are several pages from dodgy rehabs, and another several full of half-truths and minimal info, that come up first. I feel like this is the issue. People need this information and community. I bet many folks are struggling more since the pandemic.

rule62

Post by rule62 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:15 pm

It must change day by day. I did the same thing and it popped up on page 1. Go figure.

Keep posting and maybe others will too.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously