First Week Clean

If you tapered off Suboxone or stopped cold-turkey, how are you now? How did buprenorphine compare to other addiction treatments for you?
DarkenedBliss
Average Poster
Average Poster

Re: First Week Clean

Post by DarkenedBliss » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:13 pm

3 years clean now. It all seems so long ago and like a different person lived that life. I cannot even fathom now that hold that heroin and suboxone had on me but I know I will never ever use again. All the years lost, the trauma, tragedies, selfishness, physically abused and self abused. It was not easy and I had to make my choice to get sober, but soon after it was all so worth it. I never knew before what I was capable of, what the world can offer and the endless options for paths of life.

rule62

Re: First Week Clean

Post by rule62 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:15 pm

Thanks for coming back again DB for a check-in. Had to re-read your entire story again to see how you did it. An amazing journey you went through and you really are an inspiration to those here wanting to taper and stop too. You almost make it sound easy, but not quite. Being an addict sometimes feels hopeless until we read a story like yours and know it can be done w/o too much misery.

Please post as often as you can. We really enjoy knowing how life is for you now.

Stay healthy and clean.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously