I did it once, it was horrible and now I want to do it again

How to stop Suboxone? How long should I be on buprenorphine? Is Suboxone withdrawal bad? How do I detox?
drgian
New Poster
New Poster

I did it once, it was horrible and now I want to do it again

Post by drgian » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:52 am

My story is the same as every other ••(Edited by jennjenn)•• here I'm sure. Surgery, Vicodin, norco, lots of norco, suboxone, subxone taper from 32 mg down to 8 to 4 to 2 (easy) to 1.5 (hard) and then I jumped off at 1.5. I felt like shit for months; by then this drama had been going on for 10 years.

I was off sub and everything for 7 months and then shoulder surgery, and a teeny tiny amount of norco and tramadol (garbage) and I knew what was coming next so I asked my doc to put me back on. I'm taking 8 mg now and I have been for 15 years and ...it's just time.

I had a doc who would work with me and not force me into things and make decisions for me. But he retired and they gave me this new bitch, no sympathy, no care, no nothing. So I found a new one, I hear she's good. I should see her in the next month.

Between now and then I have enough subs and zubsolve to get by on 4mg / day but I'm here because I'm looking for someone to help me get from 2mg don to zero. I have read enough stories of people microdosing after 1mg, down to fractions and that's what I want to do.

Anybody out there want to help me.?

A little about me. I'm 51, I've got 3 kids, I've got a wive I love and a fabulous job. the last missing piece is getting off this; and getting off benzos too, we can talk about that once subs are done.

I know what to do, I remember what worked and what didn't from last time. I just need someone to talk to, to listen and to be accountable to. anybody interested? Please let me know, thanks,

drGian

jennjenn

Re: I did it once, it was horrible and now I want to do it again

Post by jennjenn » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:57 am

Hey drgian welcome!

This is a pro suboxone forum so you came to the right place. I had to edit your post though, just to take a couple negative things out. I know you’re frustrated and I think a lot of ppl are who’re ready to taper, it’s pretty common to just be done but along with that comes the frustration too.

I haven’t ever tapered completely off buprenorphine so I hope someone comes along who can give you first hand knowledge on what worked for them. Another thing you can do is use the search function and search tapering off from small doses or something like that, I’m sure there’ll be a ton of personal stories of ppl sharing their journey.
Jennifer

rule62

Re: I did it once, it was horrible and now I want to do it again

Post by rule62 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:03 pm

There are a lot of posts in the Stopping Suboxone section that will help you taper if no one here is doing it right now. I do suggest you ask for the films instead of pills/tabs as they are easier to cut into small pieces. Some use a liquid method but you'd need to look that one up.

Benzo's are another big hurdle. I had trouble with xanax and getting off them. My habit wasn't too high. 2.75mgs was my highest dose and I tapered down to .50 over a years time and then joined a group for the slow taper down to nothing. The forum for good support is a place called BenzoBuddies. Here is the link:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php

Tackle only one drug at a time. My suggestion is to stop the benzo first. Go very slow with that one. It is dangerous territory with some of them. Small drops 2 weeks apart at the minimum. It is not a race. The turtle wins that one.

Hope you do well.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously