How I quit buprenorphine

How to stop Suboxone? How long should I be on buprenorphine? Is Suboxone withdrawal bad? How do I detox?
Mr Grapes
Average Poster
Average Poster

How I quit buprenorphine

Post by Mr Grapes »

Haven’t posted or visited here in many years. I’ve been on suboxone and eventually generic buprenorphine for 15 years or more. I am now in my early 50s. I tried many times to “taper” and quit - but my stressful job and activities would not allow me the chance to go through months and months (and months) of withdrawal. Those that say it was easy - I don’t buy it. I tried. I was on 1mg to 2mg per day for a decade or more. Even lived in Europe and got it free in France for a few years. Been a big part of my life. What if I lost them? What if I ran out? How many times have you counted them? I get it!
One day I decided to try ibogaine. I went to the clinic in Mexico for 10 days - took 5 doses during that time, 2 high dose and 3 “booster” doses. The website of the clinic is Ibogaineclinic.com - in Playa Del Carmen. It did more than free me from buorenorphine, it also alleviated my drinking and completely changed me. It was incredible. I have been cold turkey off of generic subutex for over 30 days - almost no withdrawals. All the really bad stuff anyway - made it totally manageable. It’s not an easy time on the Ibogaine - it’s gritty and rough, felt horrible at first / but within 10 days I was feeling good and I don’t need the subs anymore. It really works!!
It was expensive - and it’s not for everyone but if you REALLY want off, it will almost certainly work for you. If you want to reach out to me, please do so. I feel like I owe my testimony to help others who need it. All the best and God bless.
Mr Grapes