3rd time back day 1 no subs

How to stop Suboxone? How long should I be on buprenorphine? Is Suboxone withdrawal bad? How do I detox?
coloradoclean
Power Poster
Power Poster

3rd time back day 1 no subs

Post by coloradoclean » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:34 pm

3rd time back. I came off 8mg cold turkey 1st time till I needed oral surgery. Went from 8 months clean to Kratom to sub within weeks. After 4 years jumped off 12 MG. Was 2 weeks of sheer hell. This time I'm on 8mg jumped off today. I know I can do it but this time I'm only 7% body fat. Worried about losing any weight at all. Is it possible to not lose weight?

Headseed
One Month or More
One Month or More

Re: 3rd time back day 1 no subs

Post by Headseed » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:33 pm

I'm overweight a bit and with every other W/D I've had I couldn't eat but this time I've been able to eat almost the whole way through (11/12 days?) I had to sort of force myself a bit a couple of times but I think I do feel better that way. I don't get nausea though.... like ever... for any reason.... so hard to say what might work for you. Maybe some ensure? You have to keep some fluids in you (I've been through like 3 cases of gatorade) so if weight is an issue those might help if you mix them in with your water etc. If you have someone around that can sort of prod you into eating it might help a lot. There' have been times this week I would have eaten I just didn't want to bother anyone to fix it for me. Hang in there. It gets worse! But it gets better too.... So everyone says anyway. Good luck!

coloradoclean
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by coloradoclean » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:38 am

Thanks so much !I'd read yesterday that a huge dose of narcan could speed up the withdrawal. I took 12 mgs and was complete hell all day. Took a bunch of mess the doc gave me and woke up feeling amazing for some reason. I hope that might be stripped all my receptors

coloradoclean
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by coloradoclean » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:38 am

Also I got powerades protein bars and shakes and some ensure. Surprisingly I woke up and ate about 4k calories I was starving !!!!

Headseed
One Month or More
One Month or More

Post by Headseed » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:06 pm

I've been amazed at my willingness to eat. Every other kick from substances I've gone DAYS without eating a bite. This time with the exception of like day 11/12 I didn't even have to make myself. I ate what I normally would. Glad to hear you are stocked up and cramming in the calories while you're feeling good. Hang in there.

Headseed
One Month or More
One Month or More

Post by Headseed » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:08 pm

Out of curiosity what did the doc give you?

coloradoclean
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by coloradoclean » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:33 pm

Headseed wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:06 pm
I've been amazed at my willingness to eat. Every other kick from substances I've gone DAYS without eating a bite. This time with the exception of like day 11/12 I didn't even have to make myself. I ate what I normally would. Glad to hear you are stocked up and cramming in the calories while you're feeling good. Hang in there.
Thanks so much ! I felt amazing all day but definitely feel worse tonight . I was viciously sick after the two narcan nasal doses. I figured it would help speed up the withdrawal process. I ate a crap ton today and hunger won't let you and even did deadlifts squats and some other workouts and a 2 mile walk. But now I'm getting other symptoms

coloradoclean
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by coloradoclean » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:36 pm

Headseed wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:08 pm
Out of curiosity what did the doc give you?
He gave me clonidine, gabapentin, trazadone and Zofran. So far I've only taken gabapentin. It's freaks me out to.combine all these but he told me to take all of them. I might try trazadone for sleep tonight but am scared to mix it with gabapentin. Half these docs don't understand what they prescribe and the interactions that may hurt me.

coloradoclean
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by coloradoclean » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:37 pm

Headseed wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:06 pm
Can I ask what was the worst days so far ? How high a dose you come off ? I jumped from 12 MG last time and day 13 was the worst for me. I don't wanna go through two weeks again 😩

coloradoclean
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by coloradoclean » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:35 am

Well day 1 narcan put me in hellish withdrawal worst pain I've ever experienced ever. The next day with gabapentin I lead a normal almost painless day. Today got 9 hours sleep only taking gabapentin. Woke with no withdrawal symptoms besides hack pain. Was the narcan a fluke and withdrawal is coming or did that rapidly detox me ??

Headseed
One Month or More
One Month or More

Post by Headseed » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:38 pm

Disclaimer that I am not of course a doctor...... but none of that will hurt you as long as you aren't pounding half the bottle. I would keep a check on your BP on clonodine though. Don't overuse that one for sure. As far as the narcan? That's out of my realm of experiences. So I won't sell you a rainbow or a thunderstorm either way. My general experience with opiates is there is no easy way to do this shit. Tapering is probably the smartest. However......

I am not what one would call smart. I jumped from 24 mg. Strapped in the saddle and here I am....... what day is it? Who am I? Why am I on fire? lol...... I've been on a roller coaster since day 10. I've lost track what day I'm on. But I'm having another rough day. Probably the worst DAY I've had. No terrible symptoms I'm just exhausted and have ALL the symptoms to some degree. But last night was just more level 4 or 5 withdrawal suck. Crazy ass dreams when I did sleep and I NEVER dream....The duration of this shit is just wearing on me though. I have very few words of wisdom. Find comfort wherever you can get it for a few seconds at a time..... I've taken about 3 showers a day because it's the only time my body will normalize a temp and stay there. If my skin could handle more I think I'd stay there more. I think I've pissed every 7 mins for the last week as well. I'm ready to sit backward on the toilet and sleep there just so I don't have to get up. Hope you get through this. If nothing else I know the feeling of being tired of being chained.

coloradoclean
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by coloradoclean » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:46 pm

Headseed wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:38 pm
Disclaimer that I am not of course a doctor...... but none of that will hurt you as long as you aren't pounding half the bottle. I would keep a check on your BP on clonodine though. Don't overuse that one for sure. As far as the narcan? That's out of my realm of experiences. So I won't sell you a rainbow or a thunderstorm either way. My general experience with opiates is there is no easy way to do this shit. Tapering is probably the smartest. However......

I am not what one would call smart. I jumped from 24 mg. Strapped in the saddle and here I am....... what day is it? Who am I? Why am I on fire? lol...... I've been on a roller coaster since day 10. I've lost track what day I'm on. But I'm having another rough day. Probably the worst DAY I've had. No terrible symptoms I'm just exhausted and have ALL the symptoms to some degree. But last night was just more level 4 or 5 withdrawal suck. Crazy ass dreams when I did sleep and I NEVER dream....The duration of this shit is just wearing on me though. I have very few words of wisdom. Find comfort wherever you can get it for a few seconds at a time..... I've taken about 3 showers a day because it's the only time my body will normalize a temp and stay there. If my skin could handle more I think I'd stay there more. I think I've pissed every 7 mins for the last week as well. I'm ready to sit backward on the toilet and sleep there just so I don't have to get up. Hope you get through this. If nothing else I know the feeling of being tired of being chained.
Thanks for the input man . Hang in there you'll wake up one day and feel amazing. I jumped off 16mg last time took 17 days total for withdrawals to go away. I was in hell but forced myself to run miles/walk miles at the river. I am only taking gabapentin because for the most part I'm not experiencing anything but aches. Seriously I felt like ending it the first day when I took that high dose of narcan. Worst pain and symptoms I've ever EVER experienced. I truly thought I was dying. Then the next two days yesterday and today I lead a normal life. Went to the grocery cleaned my house, lifted weights, painted the garage. I really think either the narcan sped it up or I'm in early stages still. Last time was 17 days or so !!!!

Headseed
One Month or More
One Month or More

Post by Headseed » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:38 pm

You sound like my post "is this is?".... lol I hope for your sake those couple of days were the end of it. You're on a carnival ride I've never had the pleasure of taking so I'm out of my depth there.

coloradoclean
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by coloradoclean » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:36 pm

Right on yah I'm on your other posts too. The same one you said. I mean I get wd symptoms kinda without gabapentin or if I forget to take it but yah maybe I will be you in 10 days lol

coloradoclean
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by coloradoclean » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:31 am

Beginning of day 7 I'm beginning to feel like hell is coming or I dodged a bullet. Like I said day 1 was absolutely the worst withdrawal I've ever experienced ever. That however was my fault. I was trying to speed up the process and read that an extremely high dose of narcan would do that. In all I took 12mg nasally and within 20 minutes was absolutely sick soaked on the bathroom floor begging God for hours for relief. It was only that a fluke that my Dr called and asked if my wife why I hadn't returned for more strips. The next 2 days were amazing I felt pretty decent overall with gabapentin and clonidine. It's day 7 and still no diarrhea the symptoms that I did have went away beside back pain sweating and sluggishness. Idk. Hopefully the narcan was the trick in speeding up the process ??

Headseed
One Month or More
One Month or More

Post by Headseed » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:30 pm

It's certainly interesting. You've got my brain itching in curiosity about it anyway. No matter I'll fall down that rabbit hole on my own... Either way, a week is a good start! Glad you aren't suffering symptoms too bad. Even if they come on I doubt you're in for anything terrible in comparison and I can't see you being too bad for more than a few days.... but I dunno. Try not to wig yourself out too much about what's coming. We humans have a way of thinking our way into our own misery sometimes. I keep telling myself "you don't feel good but you're not writhing and miserable either... quityebitchin". A few deep breaths with my eyes closed and most of the time if I try to center myself during those 3-4 breaths I can acknowledge a sensation and move on... For a few mins at a time at least. I'm not great at it but I recommend trying it if you're "stuck in the suck" for a bit. I'm not a meditation guru or spiritual/religious etc. but there's something to be said for trying to aim toward a moment of directed calm (or more if it serves you and you're able). It doesn't have to be breathing. If you are religious it might be prayer etc.... whatever it is that can center you in that manner. Keep on keeping on. Glad you're still on the path!

coloradoclean
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by coloradoclean » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:50 am

My bad headseed on not getting back to you but I got hit hard 12 hours of chills nonstop sweating and almost caved. I realized the first 5 days I chugged Gatorade non stop. I also quit drinking 13 diet mountain dews a day too and yesterday drank only plain water. Almost instantly after chugging a pedialyte the sweating stopped and gave me some relief. It's only now I stopped wanting to cave and got a couple minutes to post. I'll update tomorrow unless it's worse.

coloradoclean
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by coloradoclean » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:58 am

For anyone with unbearable sweats ...Pedialyte sport knocked mine out since it chugged it. I believe the loss of electrolytes I had by drinking only plain water exacerbated the sweating for sure. Doing much better.

Headseed
One Month or More
One Month or More

Post by Headseed » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:09 am

No need to apologize man. When existing is a chore strangers on the internet don't register on the obligation meter. If the chills I'm keeping most seconds of the day are any indication this is going to be a symptom that doesn't disappear over night for me. So I sympathize even if mine aren't severe most of the time now. While chills are way down my list of terrible symptoms any symptom in constant and moderate intensity can be something that becomes trying to my mental state that's determined to keep fighting. Some might call that thought to "cave" as you put it weakness. For me that type of thinking can become a mental black hole if I feed into it so I try to be charitable to myself in those times. This isn't easy and while it's not good to dwell on that particular part of it either it's not bad to remember if you start beating yourself up over some less than ideal thoughts.

I'm impressed with how quickly you seem to bounce back from what sound like pretty harrying ordeals. You seem to find solutions for the things you're suffering and manage them in short order. We all have our own walk and the best piece of advice I think I have to give anyone is to take whatever seconds/mins/hours of relief they can find in whatever way they can find to keep them in the fight (barring troublesome substances if possible). I know you've told us now that you almost caved. For me, and I suspect for most others, addiction can be a really isolated thing driven in large part by shame. I would encourage you if you haven't to keep someone in the real world updated with where you're at all the time. Preferably with someone who isn't judging but just someone to make sure you're accountable and to help you keep things from spiraling if you do cave. Maybe that's just me projecting my issues on the world but I think it is probably sound. Glad you are doing better and still in the fight. Hang in there and keep us updated if it helps.

coloradoclean
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by coloradoclean » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:34 am

I'm sure I'm put of the thick of it. Now I just can't sleep at all but no physical symptoms. Maybe aches but I golfed 4 holes wore out and layer awake all night no other symptoms. How's it going for you headseed it's ger a day I think?