Searching Orthopedic Shoes for Father

Everything else. Who is your favorite band or music video? See a great movie lately?
raun cesar
One Month or More
One Month or More

Searching Orthopedic Shoes for Father

Post by raun cesar »

My father is a diabetic patient and his doctor suggested him to exercise daily specially jogging in park or any good relaxing environment. Recently my father diagnosed with plantar fasciitis problem and simple running shoes is creating pain while jogging. We asked for doctor, he recommended orthopedic shoes for plantar fasciitis that have specially created for diabetic patients that have orthotic insoles with good cushioning support.

I am looking for suggestions from where I can buy this type shoes or which one is good for him.
Amy-Work In Progress

Re: Searching Orthopedic Shoes for Father

Post by Amy-Work In Progress »

I'm sorry. This is not a site that helps people find shoes. Good luck finding help for your father.

Amy
Done is better than perfect!
suboxdoc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by suboxdoc »

You could try going to the site that you linked to in the signature on your post (I removed it, but you probably remember it!). I appreciate that you're being paid to scatter links around the internet, but please don't advertise here.

Amy, I removed the URL from his post (it was for a site that-- guess what?-- sold orthopedic foot products! Feel free to use your banning power if it continues. Unfortunately this is what happens when people can register without a confirmation e-mail.
raun cesar
One Month or More
One Month or More

Post by raun cesar »

Yes I remember the site of orthofeet and does not have any selling intention here, well sorry that its not relevant here but I registered here with confirmation email and nothing to advertise here I just ask about suggestion but its totally off topic here.

I would definitely search about orthopedic shoes on google and found more relevant forum to ask or online site to shop that is not advertising (adsense or advertising banners...) just only helping people.

Thanks hope i didn't violate you and your policies yet. Cheers
raun cesar
One Month or More
One Month or More

Post by raun cesar »

I deleted the signature though
rule62

Post by rule62 »

Thanks Raun, for not getting too upset at our policy here. Continue to stay as a productive member of our forum. And thanks for removing the link.

I did move this post to Misc. only because nothing was Suboxone related.

r
Don't take yourself so damn seriously
suboxdoc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by suboxdoc »

I may have overreacted-- if I did, I apologize. Before I saw the link (and went to it) I was going to suggest that he see a podiatrist. Orthopedists are NOT good 'feet people' (I'm sure with a few exceptions). For whatever reason, traditional medical school education does not include anything to do with teeth or the feet. Frankly addiction has been the third neglected area, but hopefully that's changing now with medications like buprenorphine.
zackyums
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by zackyums »

The best way to treat such a condition is with stretching. My father exercised every day (not running, not walking). He would sit down and stretch his toes, heel pointing away from himself. The most effective treatment for calcaneal fasciitis includes physical exercises to stretch the calf muscles and plantar aponeurosis, as well as the use of orthoses to stretch the shin muscles and plantar fascia while sleeping. If he needs to walk periodically, it is better to do it in shoes from air jordans 1 mid, which reduces the load on the part of the muscles where there is inflammation. We tried everything and came to this decision. I don't want to sound obtrusive, but this model proved to be in demand among such people (we keep in touch with those who were in the hospital with my father).