It saddens me to see such a great site dead (censorship)

Anything about buprenorphine that doesn't fit somewhere above, fit it here!
Opana
Average Poster
Average Poster

It saddens me to see such a great site dead (censorship)

Post by Opana » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:21 am

It saddens me to see such a great site dead (censorship), please do not delete I realize this isn't the right section but It will probably get the most attention in this section. This website provides so much help for people on sub, people thinking of getting on sub and so much more. Because of the insane censorship which will only increase an increase every day, I recommend people switch to duckduckgo or startpage at least. If your still using google, I just don't get it. I think you should maybe make an announcement for people to please switch search engines (not only to stop supporting censorship, and the many sins of google). Just an opinion.

rule62

Re: It saddens me to see such a great site dead (censorship)

Post by rule62 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:05 pm

Yes it is sad we don't get as many people here on this site like we used to. You don't mean censorship on this site, do you? No one censors posts here unless they are offensive or against the posted rules. No problem recommending search engines that don't track but how does that affect this forum?

I moved this topic to the appropriate section. The one you posted in is for our resident Subox Doc. only
Don't take yourself so damn seriously

suboxdoc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by suboxdoc » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:41 am

It is frustrating. I have tried, recently, to run ads that simply mention the forum. But Google won't allow any mention of medications or treatment unless the site is 'certified'. The certification costs about 6K, but Google doesn't guarantee that it will allow the ads to run -- so it may be spent for nothing.

I'm trying though...

TeeJay
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by TeeJay » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:28 am

Dead is a strong word. I prefer to think of it as Nicki Sixx in the ambulance. Dead, but not.

walk_in_the_sky
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by walk_in_the_sky » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:27 am

That's interesting, I already asked myself, why the traffic decreased so much here. I've known the forum for many years and a few years ago it was normal to get several answers a day - while today you hardly get any answer at all or maybe a single answer after a few weeks. Which - for me - is discouraging because I'm right in the middle of my tapering process and I'm going to jump and start therapy mid of September, so I'd really love to have more communication about this whole thing - with people who understand. But if you hardly ever get a response it kills your motivation to continue posting. Or at least that happens with me. (That's no criticism on the people, who are still active here, pls don't get me wrong on this!)

I thought the reason why there are so little people left here, is because of the medium "forum" got a bit out-of-date. But on the other hand I can't really think of a substitute of it for real in-depth and structured online conversations. I mean it's really not a proper alternative to discuss stuff like this in the comment area on Instagram or something like that...

suboxdoc, I also have another question, maybe you can help: It came to my attention, that all the topics in the "Stopping Suboxone" subforum that are on page 16 (or older) kind of disappeared. When I click on them there comes this information: "The requested topic does not exist."

Were this topics actually deleted? (That would be a really great loss, since also and especially the older topics are such a great source of information and inspiration.) Or is it a technical issue, that can be fixed?

It would be really great, if you could look into this. Thanks!

Lillyval
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by Lillyval » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:32 am

After this topic came up a while back I did go over and check out the Reddit on Suboxone. It has over 15,000 members and is pretty active. Sadly, there are more trolls there and fewer knowledgeable people, although there are some members who consistently correct misinformation. Overall, I feel this is/was a higher quality forum and I miss the times that a lot of us were active. We had some great discussions and genuine support!

rule62

Post by rule62 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:34 pm

Good to see you're still logging in Lilyval. You're one of the core group members who remember how busy we were just a few years ago. Sure wish I had the answers to make this site crowded again. If Subox Doc can't figure it out there isn't much hope for me. Even our tech wizard Jonathan hasn't been able to help, and he knows way more than anyone here.

Thanks for hanging in there with us.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously