Improving access to Suboxone - looking for people to chat

Please avoid bashing doctors in this section. If you give your doc a 'thumbs up' and the practice is accepting patients, list the practice here, by state. If you are a buprenorphine doctor looking for patients, feel free to post your practice information.
oly_o
Average Poster
Average Poster

Improving access to Suboxone - looking for people to chat

Post by oly_o » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:12 pm

Hey guys,

I'm working on a project to improve access to Suboxone and other medications to treat addiction.

Looking for people to chat with who are currently on or have taken Suboxone or other meds to treat addiction.

Please DM, email me or reply to this post if you're interested in taking part (we will offer some compensation for your time).

Thanks all.
Last edited by oly_o on Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amy-Work In Progress

Re: Improving access to Suboxone - $50 to chat

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:07 am

Hi everyone!

We have left this post up because it is legitimate. One of our moderators contacted the poster and he is a young doctor who wants to understand MAT patients.

So feel free to contact him! If anyone has a negative experience, please let us know!

Amy
Done is better than perfect!

rule62

Post by rule62 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:38 pm

Thank You Amy. Yes, the interview was done professionally and I was more than happy to supply any information that would make access to Buprenorphine more available for the many addicts in need.

When I asked them how many members here had given interviews they said I was the only one so far. Hint, hint.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously

suboxdoc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by suboxdoc » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:03 pm

I'm going to make this a 'sticky'. I do not know the person making the offer, but I don't have any reason to doubt him. Funny how suspicious I've become of almost everything these days!

I haven't participated in any discussion beyond exchanging a message here. But anyone who fits the criteria might consider checking it out. I always recommend that you avoid any personal information. These days, money can be exchanged in one direction, safely, with a paypal account. There is NEVER a reason to give someone your social security number, drivers license number, or mother's maiden name!

BlueLight
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Post by BlueLight » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:32 pm

I’m willing to talk

oly_o
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by oly_o » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:03 pm

Thank you BlueLight - I will send you an email to arrange a time.

Z0603383
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Z0603383 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:47 pm

I tried emailing you the other day but for some reason when I pm it sends the email to me. If you’d like to get in contact with me z0603383@yahoo.com. I’d also be willing to talk. Have 10 years exp. being on the med.

oly_o
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by oly_o » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:27 pm

Thanks for reaching out - I just sent you an email so we can arrange time to speak. Thanks again.

Jess1208
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by Jess1208 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Wow I really thought this was a scam. I have been on suboxone films for over 5 years now. I would be willing to talk.

Jessica
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, Anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." -Unknown

oly_o
Average Poster
Average Poster

Re: Improving access to Suboxone - looking for people to chat

Post by oly_o » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi Jess - that's great, I've sent you a PM to arrange a time. Hope to speak soon. Best,

Ollie

Miranda
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Miranda » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:08 pm

Hi Ollie,
I would be willing to discuss my MAT with you. Please reach out to me if you are still looking for participants.
Thank you,
Miranda

oly_o
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by oly_o » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:16 pm

Hi Miranda,

Yes it would be great to speak. I just sent you a private message. Look forward to speaking soon. Best,

Ollie

jonathanm1978

Post by jonathanm1978 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:53 pm

I have talked with oly_o both via vid chat and privately. There's nothing fishy or malicious about his intent. The questions asked are relevant to this day and time, and the group seems like they really want to help out the MAT community by helping to put people in touch with resources that fit their needs...not just "I'm addicted and need a doctor"...

They are looking more in depth than most tools out there..this isn't like the ones that say "here's a doctor that CAN write Suboxone, no info on cost, refills or not, monthly visits or quarterly visits...etc.

Although many of the resources require a personal touch..physically calling each doctor and asking questions to a live person, versus just searching the DATA2000 waivered doctors for a close match..

I think doctors like mine, and probably Dr. Junig are a rare breed...as I told oly_o when we talked. They actually care, and it shows.

Instead of a doctor allowing a patient some financial freedoms and saying "ok,you've done very well the past 6 months, or even 1 year..we're going to increase your time between required visits to 2 months and see how you do with that..."
Then, if things are still going well after 4-6-8 months, "hey, OK its been nearly 2 years and you've done great. We're going to increase you one more time, so you can start coming every 3 months and getting refills in between."
Instead, many doctors I've called and heard of around me want a person to come every month, they don't accept insurance, and the first visits can be anywhere from $250 to $500. I even heard one that was $800, but not sure if they are still around. Most addicts have recently spent the majority of their lives for the prior (however long) months/years being in active addiction, and are BEYOND broke (mentally, financially, physically, emotionally)...so to hit them with the huge fees and costs, then getting blown away by the cost of the medicine when they fill it..it makes it extremely hard to stay clean for many of them who are easily triggered and emotionally wrecked.
Even for us who've been clean quite a long time, it can still be challenging with small stuff. This is major.
Adam Wayne P.
DOB: July 1, 1985
October 8, 2013

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Amy-Work In Progress

Post by Amy-Work In Progress » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:33 am

Thank you, Jonathan, for this description of the focus of Ollie's research.

I still need to make arrangements to speak to Ollie, but the last couple weeks have been pretty crazy.

My doctor, who also truly cares, has found a middle ground. Many primary care doctors aren't getting rich. They might need the revenue from having monthly appointments with their MAT patients. Plus, the DEA wants to see regular contact with the patients who are prescribed buprenorphine. So what he uses is video appointments through a phone app. I have one in-office visit in May, for example, and then the June, July, and August appointments are via the app. September is another in-office appt, and so on. It's a true win-win because he can bill my insurance each month and I can do the appt, from wherever I happen to be. He's been doing it this way for at least 5 years, maybe longer.

Amy
Done is better than perfect!

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:33 am

Oly_o I still want to do my talk with you and haven’t forgotten, I’m just trying to find a good quiet time on a day I’m off work. So sorry it’s been this long but I promise I’ll reach bk out soon :)
Jennifer