I Wish

If you tapered off Suboxone or stopped cold-turkey, how are you now? How did buprenorphine compare to other addiction treatments for you?
Shake and Bake
New Poster
New Poster

I Wish

Post by Shake and Bake »

I wish that I could quit taking Suboxone. Each time I try, first I get door suck, then the damn withdrawals start, including shaking leg syndrome. No sleep, sweats, legs shaking and just feeling like crap. If there is a magic pill out there to prevent the withdrawals, please share your knowledge. Thank you.
rule62

Re: I Wish

Post by rule62 »

Sorry, there is no magic pill. All a person can do is taper very slowly to reduce the withdrawal symptoms. If you read some of the stories here in the Stopping Suboxone section you'll find a few members who were able to stop w/o too much discomfort. Then others have trouble even when they do taper down.

Try to get a low as possible and do it slowly. Try for 10-20% drops every two weeks. Using the film makes it easier if you can get them. Once you get down to 2mg's take it real slow. Cutting the films into slivers. When you can't get any smaller pieces then see if your doctor will prescribe a Butrans Patch. It's a pain patch that is in micrograms, not milligrams. Keep it on for as long as possible and see if you can stop after that.

Yes, it's a lot of information but the best I can do. Trying to quit cold turkey at a high dose will only make withdrawals worse.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously
Mr Grapes
Average Poster
Average Poster

Re: I Wish

Post by Mr Grapes »

This is not true, there is another way to avoid withdrawal - I was on buprenorphine for 15 years and quit cold turkey with nearly zero withdrawals- I did have some yawning but that was mostly it.
Yes, I went to Mexico for 10 days and took ibogaine. It also removed my desire for alcohol. It really does work and although expensive - I am finally free of buprenorphine. Despite many attempts, I was unable to quit any other way.
Happy to answer more questions if you like. The one I attended and recommend is in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. It will change your life!!