I relapsed...please help!

Do you take buprenorphine but still use heroin? Why do I have to stop THC to take Suboxone? Is cocaine really a problem for me?
Shotsfired
Average Poster
Average Poster

I relapsed...please help!

Post by Shotsfired »

So I've been taking suboxone for a while now. I relapsed but I only used once. I used fentanyl intravenously. I haven't taken my suboxone for a around 36 hours. My question is can I take suboxone now or do I have to wait?
Shotsfired
Average Poster
Average Poster

Re: I relapsed...please help!

Post by Shotsfired »

I'm having a lot of anxiety and I'm worried about precipitated withdrawal. I only used once so I dont think I'll go through it. I'm just not sure. I just want to take my suboxone and feel normal. Please help!
Amy-Work In Progress

Post by Amy-Work In Progress »

Hi Shotsfired,

I think your best bet is to look at the COWS scoring sheet and to follow the recommendations of when to dose. I would wait until you are at about 15 or so. You can start when you're below 10, but I think that 15 is a good target. Here's a link:

https://www.naabt.org/documents/cows_in ... _sheet.pdf

Good luck! I hope it goes well for you!

Amy
Done is better than perfect!
Shotsfired
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by Shotsfired »

I only used fentanyl once so I dont think I'll be withdrawing from that. I dont know if maybe I should just take a small piece of suboxone and see what happens. I dont know...this sucks!
Amy-Work In Progress

Post by Amy-Work In Progress »

So if you don't have any feelings of withdrawal to go by, you could try 2mg and see how you do.

Amy
Done is better than perfect!