Relapse Question

Do you take buprenorphine but still use heroin? Why do I have to stop THC to take Suboxone? Is cocaine really a problem for me?
JadedCanuck
Average Poster
Average Poster

Relapse Question

Post by JadedCanuck »

So, after a year of successfully working on my recovery and maintaining on Suboxone, I had a stressful situation and had a huge urge to give in. I didn't take my dose of sub yesterday and throughout the day, I took some Tylenol 3 (It's all I had access to). Obviously, I didn't get anything out of it but shame. So now I'm wondering if I can just take my dose of sub today at my regular time? Will I get sick if I'm not feeling any type of withdrawl symptoms?

Thanks for any and all replies.
jennjenn

Re: Relapse Question

Post by jennjenn »

You may possibly not be feeling any withdrawal because the suboxone may still be in your system..... I don’t exactly know how long it has been for ya but suboxone does have a long half life. Just to be safe, you may want to just wait 24 hours from the time you took the Tylenol 3’s. After that there should be no worries I’d think. I don’t necessarily think you have much to worry about anyway but to just be on the safe side you can wait 24 hours :)
Jennifer
JadedCanuck
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by JadedCanuck »

Thank you for the quick response. I took sub last on Saturday, at 10 am. I took the first T3 around the same time yesterday and again around 2 pm. I did have a hard time sleeping last night though and I recognized the feeling I had in my back from when I had forgotten to take my sub dose in the past. Perhaps minor withdrawals? I had a hard time sleeping. I'll try my luck and take the sub today at my regular time as I'm feeling pretty crappy right now and I have to be productive today.
jennjenn

Post by jennjenn »

I think you’ll be just fine. I know it’s something you’re worried about and I don’t blame you but hopefully if nothing else, you can use the worry you’ve been doing as a motivation to not go down that rd in the future. It’s definitely not worth the worrying you’ve had to endure I’m sure 8)
Jennifer
suboxdoc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by suboxdoc »

It's a good thing to talk about what happened (as you did here). There is a phrase in the treatment industry: 'addiction lives in the dark' - the 'dark' referring to keeping our addictions hidden away, known only to ourselves.

I think one reason for the effect is because all humans use repression to avoid awareness of the things we don't want to own - the shameful things we've done, or the personality traits that we aren't proud of. Things that we repressed don't bother us as much, but they also aren't subject to change. Repression allows us to just keep doing the same things, pretending we aren't doing them.

But putting it out there and telling others makes it more visible - to OURSELVES. That's why even an anonymous forum can be helpful; the point isn't OTHER people knowing our business, but for ourselves to be more aware of our OWN behaviors.

Likewise, reading about someone else's relapse or addictive behaviors makes it more difficult for anonymous readers to repress their own similar thoughts and behaviors. So thanks for sharing!
Smashley
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Smashley »

I'm day 3 no dope and took 24 mlg of suboxen today I was still sick when will i feel better? Can i use down tomorrow will i be ok or will i get sicker?? How much dope will I need to do to feel better?
jennjenn

Post by jennjenn »

Hey Smashley welcome.

I would love to have more information. What opiate were you taking prior to the suboxone? Was it heroin or fentanyl? If it was something that stays in your system longer then you could still be experiencing precipitated withdrawal. I know you said that you waited 3 days but if it was something that stays in your system longer then that could be your issue.

I know you said you wanted to go bk to using but can't you hold off a little longer? You have already went this long and if you stop now then the next time (if there will even be a next time) you will start this process all over again.

Please tell us more of your story...... maybe we can help you better.
Jennifer